the crossroads of destiny

Zarra flies all over the city of Ba Sing Se, but has no luck with Katara's whereabouts.

and it's getting worse for her as feathers start to appear from her forearm to her wrists along with more feathers on her neck.

her two animal companions, Yelena and Seikatsu had to go to the other side of the wall and wait for her, the black dragon hesitated to leave her at first but did as she was told and stayed there.

she landed on the ground as she saw Zuko and Iroh walking up to the palace, she had a feeling that this could be a trap set up by Azula, she really hates that snob-nosed princess.

she looks at her arms as feathers are still on her, she looks at her back and tries to attract her wings.

...

but nothing happened.

she grunts in frustration, knowing that her time to fight her inner-self and her control of her soon-to-be phoenix form is almost upon her.

she remembers what the owl spirit used to say from her last visit when the rest of the water tribe at the South Pole were asleep.

that there are three forms that the black phoenix has when taking form.

the first one is that hands and feet will have talons while the wings are out while having the strength of a Kimono-rhino, the second form will have a phoenix that is human-like but still has the amount of height than humans and has strength, and speed, and agility, and the third and final form takes a full-on black phoenix that is bigger than dragons and sky Bison combined and it's stronger than any four elements.

she sighs and looks back at Iroh and Zuko, but disappears from her sight, she stomps her foot in frustration that she lost sight of those two.

she looks around and starts to close her eyes and sneakily follows their elemental aura knowing where they are.

-🌄-

as the Raven-white-haired girl enters the room and sees Iroh and Zuko waiting for the Earth king as Iroh pours tea in the tea cups.

"what's taking so long?" Zuko asked his uncle, if only he knew.

"maybe the Earth king overslept," Iroh says, making the girl in hiding facepalm.

the rest of the Dai Li are circling around the two men who are suspicious about the situation.

"something's not right," Zuko said to his uncle who nodded.

Zarra looks at the Dai Li from the shadows as Azula walks in with her hands behind her back. "it's tea time." Azula taunts making the black phoenix growl at her.

Zuko got up and he glared at his little sister. "Azula."

"have you met the Dai Li?" she asked gesturing to the earthbending Soldiers. "they're earthbenders, but they have killer instinct that's so firebender. i just love it."

Iroh grabs a teacup as he starts to speak. "did I ever tell you how I got the nickname "the dragon of the west"?"

Azula then checked her nails. "I'm not interested in a lengthy anecdote, uncle."

"it's more of a demonstration, really." Iroh replied as he drank his tea, this made Zarra and Zuko smirk, Zuko then took cover as Iroh breathed out fire at the Dai Li.

Zarra took this as her chance to run outside to follow them.

once she's outside she uses her wings to fly and wait, but it only takes about Ten seconds when lightning shoots out from the wall, Iroh jumps out while he screams as he lands safely on a bush-shaped bear.