winter solstice part 3: the phoenix temple

it's sunrise, the skies are blue mixed with orange, the clouds move from the wind and the ocean waters reflect the sun.

the black dragon, flies with the raven-white-haired girl on her back riding to the temple, she felt guilty for leaving her friends behind but she needs to do this alone to talk to Kota.

Seikatsu, the fire ferret jumps on Karou's lap and looks at her in sadness that team avatar can't go with her.

"Seikatsu...I can't let them come with me boy." the girl said and petted his head. "but it's something that I have to do alone, even if they did come, I would put them in danger."

she looks ahead and kept flying.

little did she didn't know that a flying bison flies behind her with the navy following without letting them know.

-🌊-

the island came into view as Yelena flies over the ruined wall that had been cracked way open for a hundred years.

karou looks over and starts to be in awe when seeing the small village and a temple on top of the mountain.

yelena landed on the ground of the small village, karou got down and looks around, and take in the breathtaking decorated village

yelena landed on the ground of the small village, karou got down and looks around, and take in the breathtaking decorated village...even though it was abandoned but she couldn't help but be astounded by everything.

she looks at the center of the village and sees a large statue of the phoenix surrounded by red Lillys.

karou looks up where the temple was and walks towards the stairs.

she sighs starting to feel nervous. "why am I so nervous? what if I can't do this? how am I able to talk to him? ... I just want to do this but...I can't do this alone."

"That's why you won't do this alone."

karou's eyes widen and turn around to see Sokka, katara, and Aang getting off of Appa and smiling at her as they walk toward her.

"guys? what are you doing here?" she asked her friends.

katara is the first to explain. "you can't do this alone karou, you're our friend and we do this together, if we're gonna help Aang master the elements to defeat the fire lord, we'll help you too, fire bender, or not you're still our friend and we got your back."