1989

On May 9, 1989, Marla, Maverine, Lynn and Gwynn had lost Keith Whitley of alcohol poisoning while his wife Lorrie Morgan was in Alaska on tour. The next day, Maverine went on to retired from country music.

On May 28, Alan started on the pole in Charlotte while Maverine was dating with him. Marla, Lynn and Gwynn had visit Tracy Leslie, an ARCA star in his own right.

On June 25, Marla's son Faron's seventh birthday, Marla, Maverine, Lynn and Gwynn went to Michigan for a race. After Bill Elliott won the race, Marla was exhausted announcing her son's birthday, and she was sitting next to Ronnie Thomas, who had his last start. Later that night, Marla and Maverine stayed at the motel with Alan and little Faron, and the twins were rowdy with Ronnie and Morgan Shepherd.

On July 1, Keith Whitley's birthday, the girls saw Patty Moise for the first time, and she shared a birthday with Ed Bruce. After Davey went to victory lane, Gwynn gave a Keith Whitley shirt to him, and he brought the new girl Liz, who was pregnant with their first child. After that, Marla and Terry had a short with Marla's husband Marty and Terry's wife Kim and four kids called "Husband Swap." Lynn and Gwynn's favorite clip is when Terry was singing "When You Say Nothing At All" in a car with Marla and her kids.

On July 30, all girls were attending the race in Talladega, and Terry won the race. Marla and her children were there.