Chapter 15

The ship's silver linings were no longer silver, it was in a stark red color, making the ship look even more terrifying. It was as if the dead veins of a body were refilled with blood, the red light ran through the linings on the ship's exterior, covering the silver shine with the blazing crimson, making the whole ship vibrate as it took over the silver beams. The striking red linings on the pitch black body of the ship was like an arrival of the devil, adding more dark aura to the ship.

Calix was shocked. Howan, Jane, Emily, Ayesha and Yuina were amused. Ryan and Chris were shocked and amused at the same time. Arjun was utterly confused as he stood at the first step of the ramp, watching the ship change its color.

'No, it can't be. He can't be here.', Calix tried to reassure himself, 'The ship will not transform like this unless it has sensed his presence. This is bad, so bad. I wish I knew where exactly I am in the Timestream.'

Arjun stepped back on the ground, gazing up at the ship.

"Arjun, get away from the ship!", Calix warned and he ran towards the ship, pulling his X5 from his knee hostler. Handing Yuina's dagger back to her absent-mindedly.

"Why?", Arjun frowned but he backed away from the ship.

"Get back!", Calix pulled him aside and he ran into the ship.

He marched straight to the cockpit and turned the control screen on. He took a step back in disbelief, his heart skipped a beat, fear started to crawl up on his skin, his hold on X5 got loose and it fell on the floor with a thud. The theme of the screen has also turned in that mode that only one person would control. Him. The man who was Calix's worst nightmare, the hallmark of darkness, the living symbol of death.

A part of him was screaming at him for even entering his ship and operating it. He remembered the last time when he was piloting this. That man was standing beside him as Calix operated the ship. The memory was so fresh that now Calix almost felt the dark presence of that man.

With shaking fingers, Calix touched the screen to change the mode. He typed in a few overriding codes knowing that it wouldn't work when the ship had turned into that mode but much to his surprise and relief, the code worked out. The screen turned to the normal mode, shocking him even more.

Outside the ship, the people were gazing in wonder as the ship turned its silver lights back on with that same vibrational hum. Arjun was still standing near the ramp that led to the lounges, with a breathy chuckle, he ran inside the ship. Seeing Arjun running up the stairs to get into the ship, Ryan ran after him, excited but at the same time, curious to know what just happened before their eyes. Arjun entered the ship, his jaw was literally on the floor looking around the lounges. Hearing someone stepping up on the ramp, Arjun turned to see who it was and it was Ryan.

"Amazing, isn't it?", Ryan smiled, folding his arms to his chest.

"That would be an understatement.", Arjun replied.

"Come on, check it out.", Ryan pulled Arjun towards the cockpit.

Calix was standing still, staring down at the screen, trying to believe that the overriding codes had actually worked.

'There is no way it worked. How is it possible? That mode is uncontrollable. Or...is it just a glitch in the operating system? No, it can't be. This ship never faults. It was his but...why this is here? Why hasn't he come searching for it? Did anyone steal it from him and crash it here? No, no one dares to take anything from him. They will face something more cruel and painful than death if they even think about meddling with him.'