Chapter 8

The earthlings were awestruck as they reached closer to the main city which was surrounded with frozen shrubs. In the distance, they could see the tall buildings made of what looked like a clean crystal and stone but they had the impact of the crispy winter on their walls and roofs. The residential structures were identical to ancient tribal architecture and there was a huge palace on top of which there was a jade flag with a symbol of a strange magical arrow and bow. 

Being a traveler and an explorer across the cosmos and Timestream, Calix's intuition told him that the people in the kingdom wouldn't be a threat but he was deep down tentative if there would be any advanced technology to fix his ship. At this point, all he needed was just to bring Niktron back online so that he could send a distress signal to the OCTERA. As they all almost reached the border of the city, Calix halted in his tracks and turned to the people who were following him nervously.

He exhaled once before beginning his instructions, "Alright, now, I want every one of you to listen to me very carefully. I don't know what or who may be living in this city but no matter what, we all have to look out for each other and stay close. If anything goes wrong, don't panic. I'll give you all an interpreter, you can understand whatever they speak and they can understand you too."

Calix received their bewildered stare as a response. They shared a look with each other, almost very tired of the surprises that Calix brought in. 

"You mean we can understand alien language?", Ryan questioned with glee. 

"Yes.", Calix replied and he took a flat box from his bag and opened it. It has small transparent chips the size of a memory chip. "Here, everyone take one.", Calix held the box open for everyone and they all took one for themselves, "Place it right behind your ear. You may feel a little buzz, hold it until the buzz is gone."

They all did as he instructed. They placed the chip carefully behind their earlobe and it gave them all a vibrational zap. It wasn't painful but it wasn't exactly a relaxing feeling either. They all felt a wave of pulse hitting right on their temples and for a second, their head felt like it was being crushed. They all winced but the chip attached to their skin instantly. 

"What the hell?", Ryan held his head.

Arjun shook his head and blinked his eyes as he felt the headache blurring his visions for a second. Chris and Jane felt the same. Ayesha, Emily and Yuina rubbed their temples while moaning at the sudden pain. The little ache was gone as fast as it came. 

"It's okay. You all have successfully planted the interpreter. No need to worry.", Calix assured, putting the flat box back into his bag. He gestured to Klinion to move first and he placed his hand over X5 in his hostler. 

"The interpreter is synced with your brains. Whatever language they speak, we can understand and it's the same for them.", Calix said.

"But they will not be having this thing under their ears, will they?",Emily asked, pointing to the interpreter.

"They don't need to have one. The interpreter has a wavelength within a few meters which would interpret the electrical pulses of the language part of your brain. So whoever is standing within the wavelength, they can understand you.", Calix answered, checking the Tick again.

None of them tried to understand it and stressed themselves out. 

"I hope this is not harmful for our bodies.", Chris stated, feeling the chip at the back of his ear.

"It's completely harmless and convenient for space travels like this. Let's move. Come on.", Calix walked in the front while the earthlings on his tail with caution and fear twisting their guts.