Chapter 1

August 28th, 2017. Exosphere of Earth. 

Hope. Hope is the costliest thing that one can carry in his heart although it will be stolen and lost often. At the time of sunsetting in the distant horizon, while the darkness raises its hands of shadows, we wield the shining sword of hope to strike down the glooming arms of the darkside. Calix Yevander, once a hopeless soldier to win a losing war, now an adventurous traveler with a lion's heart racing to fight back with the newly given shimmer of hope.

Niktron, a massive time surfing spacecraft, has time leaped from the future. Once it had arrived at the destination, it made a mild blaring sound, signaling its arrival. 

Calix looked up from a locket that was in his hand and walked to the Main Deck of his ship. His legs were automatically tracking up to the upper level but his mind was travelling deep down into the pits of his past memories. Once he stepped into the Main Deck, his eyes pulled him up to the present.

"Klin, we are here.", Calix announced and Klinion, a companion AI of his, followed him, floating beside him to the Main Deck with the glass window, through which they saw Earth, in all her majestic, planetary glory. 

Klinion cooed in wonder at the sight of the wonderful blue marble-like planet. Klinion's eyes were blown wide and it cooed it amusement. It made a circle in the air, showing how excited it felt about the new planet. 

Calix shot an unsure look at the floating blue furry ball and remarked with an unimpressed look, "Hmm...no, Kiln. It doesn't look that cool. No, actually, take that back, it doesn't look cool at all. We haven't even entered its surface but I could already tell that this planet is miserable."

Klinion answered with a disagreeable mewl but Calix ignored that and walked to the Run panel, which was the operating area of the ship. He turned on the 'Sneak' mode, shutting down the radio signals of Niktron and also hiding its physical appearance. He could already see a few satellites floating around Earth, before Niktron could reach for their signals, he turned its radio off. 

"You know the drill, Klin", he said. Klinion sat on its pilot seat and started to move the ship into the planet. 

Calix opened a holographic file which showed him the map of the Earth."We are going to this place uh...New York. We are going there first since we have three earthlings to pick up.", Calix explained, pointing to the three red blips in the USA. 

"The rest of them are scattered around this planet, so let's begin with the ones in close proximity. Then we'll move on to London, Jeddah, New Delhi and finally Tokyo. I'll ping you after meeting each one of the seven. Keep track of me and look out for danger that may exist around here. Come back to the outer sphere of this planet once you dropped me. Stay out of these satellites. Everything clear?", he turned to Klinion who nodded obediently and he turned back to the map screened in front of him.

The holographic screen with the world map had seven blips at different countries and Calix was staring back at the map while transferring the tracking data to his white wristband, Tick. It could guide him through his mission and targets. Klinion noticed the stiff look on its master's face and it asked if he was alright doing this with a concerned cooing tone.

Calix looked at the AI and said, "I don't know how this is gonna be but we'll never know if we don't even try."

Klinion made another cooing sound.

"I know, they may or may not be gonna listen to us or help us but...let's just do this. They are our only hope now. The future is awaiting their arrival. If things are going to be hard, we have the disks to make it easy.", Calix shrugged while looking down at the map of the planet. 
_____________________