023

"..Jungwon." Jiwoo eventually said as she shit her door behind her.

"Ji" Jungwon replied softly, walking towards her.

He couldn't help but show his concern when he saw her appearance, even though she was all covered up. Her face looked drained, and her eyes were hollowed slightly.

"I'm just here to explain myself." Jungwon said, "You don't have to talk to me ever again after this if you want."

".. go on." Jiwoo urged him to begin.

—————

"Now how much do you guys bet, that you can get with one of the prettiest girls in our grade?" Jake slurred his words.

They were drinking at Sunghoon's house, which wasn't very uncommon.

"Which girl?" Ni-ki asked

"Ahn Jiwoo's the prettiest girl in our grade, in my opinion" Jungwon grinned.

"She is pretty hot." Jay remarked.

"Whoever gets with Ahn Jiwoo first, gets 50 dollars from each of us" Jake finalised the bet.

—————

THE MORNING AFTER JIWOO AND JUNGWON MADE OUT :

"So, how much do we each pay Jungwon?" Sunoo sighed, looking at his scarce wallet.

"You don't have to pay me for winning"

"Huh?"

"Really?"

"Why?"

"I.." he had no words to explain

"Don't tell me— you've actually
fallen for her?" Jake said.

"..what if I have?" Jungwon replied, "I think I'm in love with Ahn Jiwoo, and I'll be honest— I completely forgot about the bet when I first got to know her."

—————

"You're the sweetest and funniest girl I know, and you make me feel like my life is worth smiling and living for." Jungwon admitted.

"You've always felt second best to Sooyun, because of what she did to you. But I'm here to tell you that you're not just the second option, because I've fallen for you Ahn Jiwoo. I love you."

"You're not an extra in your own story, you're the main character."

Jiwoo pulled Jungwon closer to her, smashing her lips into his. He wraps his arms around her waist, feeling the comfort of her in his grasp.

Everything just felt right.

It felt like the world had stopped for a moment just for the two of them.

Jungwon pulled away from Jiwoo, as she cupped his cheeks in his hands.

"Does that mean you love me back, Ahn Jiwoo?" Jungwon playfully smirked.

She nodded, with a grin on her face.

"I might need you to prove that for me.." He whispered into her ear.

She felt her face heat up at his sudden bold remark, and he chuckled at her flustered state.

"S-shut up..!" She covered her face in embarrassment

"I didn't say anything" Jungwon defended himself.

"But you were laughing.." Jiwoo muttered.

"Because you look cute all flustered, Ji" Jungwon replied, kissing her on her cheek.