000

one sunny Monday morning ~

"good morning~!" Sooyun chirped as she met her best friend who was waiting at the end of her road for her.

"Morning Yun" Jiwoo smiled, as the two walked side by side the rest of the way to school.

The moment they stepped into the school's building, faces turned towards them. They were used to it by now.

"Woah.. is that Kim Sooyun? She's so pretty!"

"Is that Ahn Jiwoo!?.. wah~ two pretty best friends to say the least"

"I wish I could look like Sooyun.."

"Is Sooyun a 3rd year?"

"I hope I can have skin like Sooyun's when I'm older"

"Gosh some people talk like we can't hear them.." Sooyun chuckled as they headed up the stairs to their homeroom.

"I know right?" Jiwoo agreed.

They had been friends since middle school and were the two most popular girls in their school, practically goddesses. Why? They had the looks, grades and were lovely to everyone. You'd think that them being best friends and all of that they would have the same interests? Nope.

Jiwoo was all about dance, she spent basically all her time in the sports building. It had always been her passion since she was a young girl to become a professional dancer, or a backup dancer in the kpop industry.

While Sooyun on the other hand was the most renowned artist in their school, her paintings won every competition and the winner's wall was essentially just a shrine for her work.

They sat down in their allocated seats next to each other and unpacked their items.

Sooyun found herself immediately drawn to her phone, texting away and Jiwoo playfully rolled her eyes.

"What boy are we texting now?" Jiwoo rested her chin on her hand that rested on the desk.

"Nobody" Sooyun hummed, ignoring her question.

"I wish I had a boyfriend— or someone that was actually interested in me." Jiwoo suddenly thought out loud.

"Same" Sooyun exclaimed, even though she could get practically any guy she wanted.

In their duration time at high school, despite being so popular. Jiwoo never had any guys show any romantic interest in her. Only a few drunk kisses at parties.

You would think at the age of 18 she would have had at least ONE by now.. right?

It's weird isn't it?

Not really, Sooyun was always the boy magnet. Jiwoo was just her best friend really, she believed she was only well known because of Sooyun.

Can you see where I'm getting with this?

You see, if this was a story. Sooyun would be the main character, and Jiwoo would be the best friend, of course.

The spotlight was never on her, it was just how things were meant to be she assumed.

"What if I help you?" Sooyun suggested

"You say this every time girl, and you never do" Jiwoo sighed, she had completely given up.

"No no! Trust me on this one" Sooyun insisted

"Yeah, yeah, whatever.." Jiwoo replied, she wasn't convinced Sooyun would do anything, because she never did whenever she said this

Sooyun went back to texting on her phone while Jiwoo scrolled through instagram until homeroom began.

"Uff! I am so hungry~" Sooyun whined as they walked to the cafeteria food pick up, rubbing her grumbling stomach.

"I hope they have good food today, I'm so ready to eat" Jiwoo replied, feeling the exact same way.

Sooyun waited for Jiwoo after she paid for her food and they walked in the direction of theirs usual table

"Wait— Ji, follow me" Sooyun tugged her friend and guided her to a table

Seven faces smiled at the two and Jiwoo exchanged a confused look

"Huh?"

"These are my friends, do you wanna sit with them?" Sooyun smiled, widening her eyes

Oh, so she actually did something

"Not r—"

"OKAY! So that's Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon and Ni-ki" Sooyun pulled her friend back

Jiwoo admitted defeat and sat down inbetween Sooyun and Jungwon. To say the least, she was uncomfortable.

Yes, she had heard about this group, they were one of the most popular boy groups. But no she had never had a full on conversation with any of them before— besides Sunoo, he was a very social-able person.

"You guys doing anything after school?" Jay asked, making conversation

"Ice skating practice"

"I have my job at the cafe"

"Sleeping"

"Taekwondo practice"

"Art class"

"Dance practice"

"Jiwoo you're such a good dancer! I remember you at the performing arts show last year" Sunoo beamed a smile at her

"Thank you, Sunoo!"

"What time do you finish?" Sunghoon asked Jiwoo, him, Jungwon and Jiwoo were all in the sports department together after school.

"Uhh.. I think around 5?"

"Same for us!" Jungwon said

"Do you wanna walk home with us?" Sunghoon suggsted

"Sure— as long as Sooyun can join us, she lives around the corner from me so.."

"Of course"