015

Sunghoon and Jiwoo walked down their road, departing ways with Jungwon.

"What you gonna do about Sooyun?" Sunghoon broke the silence, gripping onto the strap of his rucksack.

"What do you mean? I'm gonna try my best to make it up to her." Jiwoo shrugged, as if it were the obvious.

Sunghoon was shocked, after all of that she still wanted to be friends with her?

"Really?" He gave her a perplexed look.

"Yes, really. I can't just drop my best friend like that." Jiwoo replied.

"Even if it means sacrificing what you have with Jungwon?" Sunghoon snapped, slightly agitated at the girl's obliviousness to everything occurring at the moment.

Jiwoo stopped in front of him from his words.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is, you've gone so far as to make out with each other and have hickeys. To me it seems like you're leading him on even though you were just a be-.." Sunghoon bursted out.

He stopped mid sentence, choking on the final word. Silence filled the air, only to be cut through by a car passing by.

".. I was a what..?" Jiwoo quietly repeated, already knowing exactly what Sunghoon was going to say.

BET.

"You— I.." Sunghoon stuttered.

"A—.. bet?" Jiwoo's voice quivered, blinking back tears in slight hope that her guess wasn't true.

She watched as Sunghoon's head slowly rises up and down into a nod.

"I was— a bet?" Jiwoo repeated, almost in a whisper.

"Jiwoo, I—" Sunghoon began to state, but was cut off at her running off to her house.

By the time he had gotten to her house she was already shutting her door.

He had fucked up,
big time.