chapter 23

⚠️  Yo, I woke up and chose violence just a warning ⚠️

       After informing Mother Dearest about the invitation and a bit of planning, I decided it was time. It's time to confront gambling addict dad. By some miracle, the man was actually in his study.

   "Mother. I shall be confronting my father about his bad habits. If you hear something breaking, just wait for me to open the door, please." She gasped and looked shocked.

"Penelope, please do not start a fight with your father!" She looked very worried.

"Mama. There is not a son to beat some sense into him. I unfortunately have to do it. I am very much stronger than a look. Millie, bring me the stick." I turned towards the doorway with my palm open. Millie placed the wood inch and a half thick stick in my hand. My mother looked gobsmacked and beside herself as she followed me to his study.

I opened the doors wide to see the man of the hour slouched in his chair, looking tired after his week long adventure in brothels and gambling houses.

"Well. Well. Well. If it is not dear Papa home after wasting away even more of OUR family's MONEY." I called out as I walked and stood in front of him, smacking the stick into my other palm menacingly. He sat up immediately.

"Penelope! Ladybug, please calm down!"He started trying to stand up and move away slowly as I moved closer.

"Do you recall the agreement we came to?" He started shaking, probably remembering last time we argued, and I had the staff make his life miserable until he came to agree with my terms.

"I apologize, Penelope!" He was getting ready to run. I smack his back as he passed, making him fall to the ground.

"You are not sorry, but you will be." I hit him again and then turned to mom, who looked even more shocked. "Mama, call for a doctor. Papa fell down the stairs. Close the door, please." She nodded and closed the door.

"Well Papa your gonna be bedridden for a while, but don't worry, I'll take care of the family while you are indisposed."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

  The doctor came, and he was to be off his feet for at least a month. Mother smiled and patted my back as we began taking over his study and going over finances.

My sisters would check on him periodically. The rest of the next day.

"Philippa, Prudence, Marina, if you need me to beat a man for you, let me know." Was all I said on the subject during breakfast.