Chapter 13

It was obvious to Benedict that Anthony seemed to be quite taken with Penelope Featherington. With him having his fist clenched even as they boarded their own carriage, indeed obvious. The only one who did not get a clue seemed to be Eloise. Daphne smiled at Benedict with a knowing look in her eyes.

"I wonder who that was. I must admit he is quite handsome." Daphne mused when Eloise gasped.

 "He must intend to court, Penelope! Now, I simply must know who he is and where his family estate is! What if he takes her away forever and doesn't allow us to visit or write letters!" Benedict patted Eloise's head. Leave it to her to come up with a worst-case scenario.

With a glance at Anthony, it was obvious he did not like the idea one bit. He cleared his throat and tried to get everyone to calm down. "It is not time to over react he must be one of her callers. Nothing is official until they actually start courting." He tried to reason with his siblings. Daphne had a mischievous smile on her face that worried Benedict. She was usually one of the more tame siblings like himself. Well, he can be wild himself, but they tended to need level-headed Benedict more than Wild Benedict.  

"Look, the carriage seems to be on the way to the park. Perhaps they will go on a walk. He must be serious in his intentions then." Daphne mused as she looked at the path the carriage was on. Benedict never wanted to throw himself under the horse more than that very moment.  Eloise started to look even more panicked, and Anthony looked ready to burst out of the carriage to go steal Penelope back. With a sigh, he resigned himself to the chaos he did not create. 

"We should follow them! Anthony, we need to make sure she is safe!" Eloise exclaimed, shaking Anthony.  He looked at her as if she awakened him from his angry state. 

"Indeed. Just to make sure she is safe. "

This is going to be a disaster. Daphne gave him an angelic smile.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I sneezed, and Earl Handsome, the goofball, laughed at me. I glared at him and kicked his leg softly, making him laugh more.

"You hit like a soft bunny." I frowned at him.  "Anyways! I totally like your ideas. If we get married, it would make it super easy for me to invest in you. Though if you decide to get married to someone else, they might get super jelly of our relationship." I giggled at that. 

"Cause we are connected on a different level, right?" He smiled and nodded. 

"Totally, we are practically soulmates." We both laughed. He sat up and looked more serious. " I am serious about marriage, though. We could be the power couple, though I will be honest. I am attracted men more than women." I moved to sit next to him and gave him a hug. It must have been hard to be open with me about that. 

"Thank you, but I would prefer a closed relationship. I would feel more comfortable that way. Though we can total work together either way.  If you ever need help, let me know. Society can be very unforgiving right now. " He smiled and hugged me back. 

"Same! Okay, let's stop being mushy. I think we are almost at the park."  We straightened our clothes a bit and slipped our masks on. Earl Grey helped me out of the carriage, and my maids began to follow us at a distance. I carried my parasol and looked around. There were a few families and couples. We kept respectable distance but began to whisper about future business plans I had thought of and what my ultimate goal was. He did confess to me that he had not thought too far ahead himself, but he was definitely willing to participate to help me shape society to be more kind and tolerant. 

When we rounded the first corner, I felt like we were being watched. I lifted my Parasol a bit and turned as if to look at Earl Handsome head-on. I looked around subtly and spotted some Bridgertons. I almost laughed, to be honest. They were terrible at hiding. 

"It looks like a few Wild Bridgertons are following us." I told him with a smile. He threw his head back and laughed. It was honestly a very beautiful and genuine sound.  He then smiled at me and took my hand  and kissed it. 

"Should we give them a show?" he teased me with a little smirk on his lips.  I lifted my chin and looked haughty.  

"It is unnecessary, darling. We are already the drama." He laughed again and led me down the path once more. 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for the long wait!

 I got work and had to rewrite this chap cause I did not like it. 

Love y'all!

leave me some comments, please!