Chapter 7

Anthony looked ready to fight as his and my Mother made their way towards us. My sisters were not far behind.

"Lady Cowper may I ask why you caused Lady Featherington to fall." She looked like she was about to faint as Anthony asked in cold tone. Time to make my move.

"Is that her name? I was merely passing by when I was pulled back." I said it in my best white lotus tone. I am an actress! My mother came over to me and took my hands looking them over.

"Penelope darling, what happened?" She exclaimed. Ah the supporting cast has come in time to raise the stakes. Tears started to well up again I let a single tear fall slowly as I looked into her eyes.

"Mama I was passing by this Lady and I was pulled back. I fell a bit hard my hands sting." She gave me a soft hug and then turned to glare at Lady Cowper.

"I wonder how you fell." It was then Anthony turned to my mother. 

"I was a witness Lady Featherington. It was Lady Cowper who pulled on Lady Penelope and caused her fall."

"My husband and I will speak with your parents about this." She looked mad mad. Go mama bear. Lady Violet also looked me over and Lady Danbury just behind her. A few servants came in with a chair and she motioned for me to sit.

I sat down delicately and placed my hands in my lap. I saw Cowper's mother come and basically run away with her daughter in tow after my mother spoke to her. My sisters stood by me as my mother came back.

"Do you wish to go home now, Penelope?" She asked. I smiled softly at her and reached out for her hands.

"It does hurt a little but perhaps if I sit for a little while I shall be fine. I do not wish to ruin my sister's night by leaving too early." It was then Lady Danbury motioned for another two chairs next to mine. She sat down herself 

"Worry not Lady Featherington I shall remain with her and if she does not feel well we shall let you know." I smiled at her sweetly and then turned to Lady Bridgerton as she sat next to me as well. 

"Do you feel a lot of pain dear?" Lady Violet asked worry all over her face. I smiled at her and shook my head no.  She took my hands and looked them over. 

"Perhaps some ice to keep them from swelling."  Lady Danbury motioned for a servant to bring the ice. They both sighed and looked at each other once everyone dispersed and the dancing continued on. I sighed as well. 

"All I had wanted was a piece of the fruit tart." I lamented as I stared at the snack table not too far away but I was hurt and I needed to keep up the act. Both Ladies laughed at that and I even heard a chuckle behind me. I looked back and it was Anthony. I smiled at him and he smiled back. 

"Allow me. I shall bring the treat to you." He joked and head over to the table and both women smirked at me as he went. I felt my cheeks heat up. 

"He is just being nice." Both of them laughed at that. Lady Violet smiled brightly and helped me with the ice when a young man came by with the ice wrapped in a tea towel. She looked really excited.

 I am pretty sure Anthony would not marry this season as priority is Daphne and I think he fell for a lady named Kate anyways. I doubt he is interested in me. I will keep those thoughts to myself though no need to burst her bubble.

 Although, I mean there is no competition now and if I am able to reel him in quickly before the season is out I can avoid getting stuck in a bad situation. Okay Lady Violet, I will try to be your daughter in law. 

He came back with a plate with the Fruit tart and many different different treats. I gave him my sweetest smile and thanked him in my sweet flower tone. He smiled back automatically and came to stand by his mother as we all turned to look out at the dancers and spy out where our family members were. 

Everyone was looking good. Daphne was dancing with another gentleman and pretty smile on her lovely face. Phillipa was also dancing and Marina was walking over to me. I gave her a sweet smile and got a little piece of cake in my mouth. I sighed and closed my eyes in pure joy. It is delicious! I felt eyes on me. I opened my eyes and noticed Anthony staring right at me with pure concentration. I let my lips pout a little and licked a bit of frosting on the corner of my lips. His eyes followed my tongue and he gulped a little bit. 

Maybe he is interested. 

Good.