CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Cold ran down her spine as if she were taking a cold shower, the never-ending darkness sucking [Name], bit by bit, she could feel herself slowly falling deeper and deeper into the void.

At first, she wanted to question what this feeling was. But something familiar burned the flesh of her tongue when she felt it come back.

There was no light, all thoughts of purity had been stolen from her in an instant, only leaving the empty feeling of horrid emotions lurking, swallowing her whole.

The same feeling. Same feeling of what she encountered for the first time. It wasn't a new experience. It was something that has always been there.

Her eyes shot open as she began gasping for air. And there she sat, in the same dream she had months ago in the warmly lit room, sitting in front of the large glass window that revealed a grey winter night with snowflakes falling in slow motion. 

"You're back so soon?" 

Suddenly, [Name] shot back, spinning around. She was right, she had been here before. 

An elderly woman sat in front of her, on a rocking chair, brushing her [Hair colour] [Hair texture] in slow motion, before her actions came to a pause and placed the comb on the side table next to her seat.

Now she remembers, she's with her Mother.

This time, she didn't start crying or launch her body at the woman, instead she blinked at her, standing up to face her face to face. 

The woman hummed curiously, "Is something the matter, my dear?" Her voice croaked. 

Her eyes scanned her face, for the first time again and took in her features. Something about her looked off. Before when she first saw her, she remembered a similar hair colour to hers, the woman's hair was rather dull and grey. The features of her face seemed mimicked, not to an extent where it was obvious, but in places like the size of her nose was off, and her eyes seemed darker than usual.

[Name]'s eyes scanned lower and darted her pupils at the side of her neck. The most prominent feature that she was sure she had never seen before was the first time she was in this dream. 

"You have, a spider bite." 

The elderly woman blinked in surprise until her face went back to a calm smile. "Indeed I do." 

Suddenly, [Name]'s face crumpled, causing her Mother to raise a brow.

"My Mother doesn't have a spider bite." 

The woman gaped in shock, till a soft smile plastered on her face. The two didn't say anything after that. [Name] began to scan the room, and noticed everything was indeed off, the fire pit was not crackling as it did before, and the queen-sized bed was dusted with greyness as if nobody had stepped foot in this room for a very long time, and the snow no longer fell. 

Giggling was heard. [Name] shot back her eyes at the elderly woman, watching her stifle a laugh trying to keep her composure until it broke, and she laughed even louder, and louder, and louder. The tone of her voice was changing. 

Her [Eye colour] eyes watched as the once elderly woman that was sitting on the chair grew larger, and transformed into an undefined spirit. She was scared, the room around her began to fall apart, the table knocking over, as the windows cracked and the wind broke through so tremendously that the force pushed [Name] to the end of the room. 

The laughing was loud, so loud that she kept her eyes closed, wishing it would go away. Until then, it did. 

When she opened her eyes, she was now face to face with a masculine face, smiling down at her like a predator.