CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"I will serve as your guide. My name is Khara! It will take two hours for this boat to reach Zevil Island. All twenty-five applications remaining here are automatically qualified to take next year's exam! So if you fail this year, don't feel bad. Please try again next year..." She stopped herself from speaking as she realized that no one cared for what she was saying for the last 10 minutes.

"Well, you're free to do as you like, for the next two hours. Please enjoy the boat ride..." Khara said before leaving depressingly.

[Name] laughed softly at the woman, making Gon look over at her, "What are you laughing at?" He asked.

She glanced at Gon for a split second, "Nothing."

A few seconds later, Killua walked up to the both of them and sat beside [Name] making her sit between the two boys.

"Yo." The white-haired boy greeted.

Minutes passed on as the three sat in silence, staring up at the light blue sky until Killua broke the silence.

"What number did you guys draw?" He asked still staring into the clouds.

"How about you?" Gon replied looking at him.

[Name] glanced at the two boys individually before Killua finally looked at her, puckering her lips and then looking away again.

"Secret." She said.

The three sat in silence again until they all broke out into a laugh.

"Don't worry. You guys aren't my target." He said testing his arm on his knee while he was sitting. [Name] threw her head back stretching her arms in front of her.

"Me too, you guys aren't my target," She finished stretching.

"And my target isn't you guys," Gon said looking at [Name]. Killua covered his mouth with his palm peering at his two friends.

"Show each other our numbers at the same time?" He asked.

"Okay!" [Name] and Gon said in sync.

The three took their cards from their pockets, hiding them on their chest as they each chanted out,

"Ready, and...!"

All three pulled down their cards face forward, revealing the numbers 44, 199, and... 301. Killua then gasped quietly, seeing his two other friend's targets.

"44 is..." He thought of the person, "Seriously...?" Then he looked at [Name].

Gon already knew who his opponent was, as did everyone else. Throughout the exam, everyone kept a close tab on the clown-Hisoka. Anyone had to be stupid to think that he wasn't a threat to anyone. It wasn't the first time Gon had a conflict with him, the first time they met was in the First Phase when Gon had separated from Killua and [Name] and had a pleasant gift of interacting with Hisoka.

"And you. 301? Isn't that-?"

"The pin-head guy? Yeah, I know." She replied. [Name] knew it was him right away when she peeled the card because when she scanned the crowd back at the Trick Tower, he never removed his ID on his chest allowing her to get a good look at her opponent. She only remembered making eye contact with him in the First Phase when she got there and at the end when she was with Killua waiting outside of the Second Phase. [Name] didn't know what he was capable of, all she knew was that he was very interesting.

"Man, you two have really bad luck..." Killua commented.

"You think so?" Gon sweat-dropped. "Who's 199?" He asked.

"You don't know either?"

[Name] looked at Killua, "It's one of the Amori brothers no?" This caught the attention of the cat-like boy, now listening to her attentively.