CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

While on the flight, the two didn't speak a word to each other. [Name] noticed that Killua's deadly aura had calmed down drastically, but there were still small remains left of that same horrific, murderous feeling in Killua's presence.

Day turned into night quickly once the ship came to a stop and landed on the ground. [Name] had stared out the window in silence for the whole ride. Even though it was midnight, the two kids knew it was their cue to get off with the rest of the passengers.

As the two stepped outside the airport, Killua had now completely calmed down, his ominous aura had vanished as if it was never there. [Name] didn't dare to ask what happened, yet that is.

The [Hair colour] haired girl looked around the street, seeing passing cars zoom around while people scattered throughout the area as the night sky grew deeper. [Name] had never been outside of her home island, so seeing something this frantic at this time of night caught her attention, making it slowly slip away from Killua until he grabbed a hold of her hand and started to drag her away from the area.

"Wh-! Killua!" She yelled embarrassingly.

The boy looked at her for a split second, allowing her to catch up to him so he wouldn't be dragging her around by her hand. As soon as she came to the same pace as the boy, he still did not let go of her hand and instead intertwined it with his own making her blush.

Killua stuck his free hand in his pocket, closing his eyes while walking.

"Now you can't let go." He stated.

[Name] raised a brow, "What?"

"Your hands are covered in dry blood now," Killua pointed out before sticking out his tongue playfully.

[Name] had forgotten his hands were covered in blood making her exclaim loudly at her friend.

"What the hell you moron! What's your problem?!"

Killua laughed softly at her remark, seeing that his mood hasn't been the best earlier when he left the Hunter exam. [Name]'s face then turned into an unimpressed frown, accepting that her hands were now dirtied up and went along with holding Killua's hand.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," He sparked up out of nowhere while the two kids walked along the sidewalk together.

[Name] glanced at Killua before looking back in front of her.

"...I'm not sure what happened back there, and you don't have to tell me unless you want to..." She began.

"All I was worried about is if you were okay."

Killua's breathing hitched for a split second. He lowered his head just enough for his hair to somewhat cover his eyes as he stared into the ground, holding onto [Name]'s hand tighter.

"But... why?"

[Name] couldn't figure out what was so difficult for Killua to get inside his brain as to why she was worried. Nonetheless, she answered him wholeheartedly.

"It's because you're my friend."

The white-haired boy stopped in his tracks resulting in [Name] looking back at him calmly. Killua shot his head up at her, opening his mouth to try to say something only for him to realize nothing came out. Taking this in a way that he was at a loss for words, [Name] smiled at him warmly before embracing him into an affectionate hug, wrapping her arms around his neck as he stood there dumbfounded.

"And I'm glad you're okay now."

At a slow pace, Killua wrapped his arms distinctively around her waist, finding comfort for the first time in a very long time.