CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Ever since [Name] spoke with Wing alone, she couldn't shake the feeling that he was cautious of her, it's not like she was a threat, she assumed. After all, he was the one teaching her the basics of Nen. The next day, the girl dressed and planned to meet with Killua since the two of them were only allowed to see the match between Hisoka and his opponent, but before that, [Name] decided to visit Gon before she met with her other friend. It wouldn't hurt to be just a little late.

The door of her apartment shut closed as she began to walk over to Gon's room which was not too far from her and Killua's room. Her feet echoed with each step she took down the hall. It was quiet, it normally was so she didn't think of anything. That was until a gust of wind blew into her right ear.

Her face whipped to the side and noticed the hallway that was connected to the other rooms. Her [Eye colour] eyes lingered in the shadows, searching for anything that made her feel the wind. But with nothing in sight, she brushed it off and continued to walk.

As her hands knocked on Gon's door before he momentarily opened it to invite [Name] inside, she failed to notice the darkened eyes that watched her disappear.

"Hey [Name], what brings you here?" The green haired boy asked as he shut the door behind her. She clutched onto the straps of her bag.

"Just wanted to check up on you." She smiled but Gon only raised his brow.

"What do you mean, you checked up on me yesterday?"

Instantly, her eyes slightly widened before she began to stammer on the spot, "Well, I just wanted to check up on you again! After all, it sucks you can't come watch the fight with me and Killua." She compromised on the spot making Gon chuckle softly at her behaviour.

"That's okay, I was just in the middle of practicing my Ten and had nothing to do." He admitted. The [Hair colour] haired girl understood immediately. From the way she scanned his room, she noticed everything was still completely how it was like ever since a month ago. He hadn't bothered getting new clothes like her and Killua, nor did he even settle in his stuff from his bag. The only thing that was different was his fishing rod that sat in the corner of the room.

She sweat dropped noticing nothing had changed making him slightly turn his head to the side and let out a 'hm?'

Walking further inside, she sat on the edge of his bed while he followed behind her. Taking this, the boy continued to train his physical strength by walking on his hands. His shirt slightly dropped as they began to speak again.

"When does the fight start?" He asked, pacing back and forth slowly with the work of his palms that carried him.

"Around noon I'm pretty sure, it'll probably be finished around afternoon." She said swinging her feet on the bed and looking outside the window that showed the city view.

Gon grunted, "Did you eat?" As he got up from his handstand position. He began to crack his back while he kept his eyes on [Name]. Her head turned away from the window and looked back at the green haired boy in his eyes.

"No." She laughed sympathetically. Hearing this information. The boy smiled before inviting her to go out for a small bite before they had to go their separate ways.

"So that's all he said?" Gon replied after the girl spoke. In the late morning, the two decided to eat at a local breakfast shop and found both inside where they sat. The two shared a window table while they sat in front of each other. Gon decided to order a whopping stack of 5 plates of breakfast items while [Name] settled on a hot drink and [Breakfast dish].

Earlier, the girl explained to Gon what happened yesterday when she and Wing walked away from them to have a small chat. She explained what he said about her Nen and the way he shut her up by the end of the conversation. No apology, nor a proper goodbye was given.