𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟔: 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

As Rune lay in bed, nestled under the covers with a book propped up against her knees, she found herself engrossed in the pages of her spicy romance novel. The flickering light of her bedside lamp cast shadows across the room, creating a cozy atmosphere that seemed to envelop her in its warmth.

Lost in the world of forbidden passion and intrigue, she savored every word, her heart racing as she eagerly flipped to the next chapter. Rune barely noticed the soft knock on her door at first. It was only when the knocking persisted that she reluctantly tore her gaze away from the pages.

With a sigh of resignation, she set her book aside and rose from her bed, padding across the room to answer the door. As she swung it open, her gaze fell upon a timid-looking first-year girl, her eyes wide with nervousness.

"Um, excuse me," the girl began, her voice barely above a whisper. "Regulus Black told me to give you this."

From the pocket of her robes, the girl produced a small slip of parchment and extended it. Intrigued, Rune accepted the parchment, unfolding it to reveal a hastily scrawled message.

Write to me. 

R.A.B

Rune folded the small slip and gave the first-year girl a small smile. "Thank you. You can go." 

As she closed the door behind her and returned to her bed, she couldn't help the kernel of anticipation building up inside her. 

She hadn't dared to write to him since that fateful night in Japan, when their worlds collided. The memory of their clandestine encounter lingered in her mind. She hadn't managed to write to Super Mysterious Guy since she found out that he was Regulus himself.

And now, as she sat with her journal and ink, she couldn't ignore the gnawing sense of curiosity that gnawed at her insides. That same night, he'd told her that he wrote to her. She had managed to keep her curiosity at bay for that long. 

Her heart pounded in her chest as she carefully unfolded the parchment again, her breath catching in her throat as she read his words. It was a simple request. Write to me. Three words that held so much power over her. 

With fidgety fingers, she opened her journal. 

And to her greatest horror, she found lines of scribbles and smudges. 

She let out a startled gasp as she turned the page front and back as if she could discern whatever he had so meticulously blacked out. 

Rune spent nearly five minutes squinting and even employed the help of her magnifying glass to help her make out the curves and lines of his letters but to no avail. 

He'd completely managed to cover it. 

She haphazardly dipped her quill into her ink and wrote. 

What the hell? 

Within seconds, a response was coming from his side. 

What? 

What did you write?

;) 

That really irks me, you know. 

What did you write? 

Something, but then I changed my mind. 

What do you want?