𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟒: 𝐎𝐡

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

The morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow across the room as Rune stirred from her slumber. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, she stretched lazily. Glancing around the room, Rune's eyes fell on the discarded Quidditch jersey lying on the floor, a silent reminder of the night before. She hesitated for a moment, her gaze lingering on the garment before she turned to her side.

Beside her, Regulus lay still, his features softened in the pale light, a peaceful expression gracing his usually stoic face. With a sigh, she reached forward and brushed away the loose curls that fell over his face. 

For a moment, Rune simply lay there, basking in the warmth of their shared embrace. As the haze of sleep began to lift, and startling clarity entered her mind, she couldn't help the pang of regret that came crashing into her. 

She shifted away from Regulus, careful not to wake him as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed. As she stood, the cool air of the room washed over her, sending a shiver down her spine. 

Rune stifled a groan as she pulled on a nightdress, cursing herself for her carelessness. She knew better than to let her guard down around him, especially after everything that had happened between them. 

And cuddling- sleeping together- were clear signs of him breaking through her guard. 

She made her way towards the bed and poked him gently with her finger. "Regulus," she murmured, "Wake up." 

Regulus stirred, his brows scrunching as he mumbled something unintelligibly which sounded a lot like 'come back to bed'. 

"Regulus," Rune hissed, more forcefully this time. "Get up. Now."

Regulus let out a grumble, his eyes fluttering open reluctantly. "What's the matter?"

"We have classes." Rune gathered his clothes and dropped it on him, rather harshly. "Get dressed." 

 "Classes?" he echoed, his brows furrowing in confusion.

Rune resisted the urge to sigh in exasperation. "Yes, classes," she repeated, her patience wearing thin. "You know, those things we attend every day to avoid getting expelled?"

As if sensing her distress, he sat up straight, glancing up at her questioningly. "Is everything okay?" he asked, his voice husky with sleep. 

His eyes widened slightly as she scrambled back only to put some distance between them. "I, uh..." she stammered, her voice faltering as her mind raced to search for the right words, "I think you should go." 

Her heart strained as his expression morphed into one of hurt. "Go?" he repeated, his voice barely above a whisper. 

"Yeah." She bit down on her lip. "Classes, remember. We need to shower and get dressed. Separately." She paused for a beat and as silence passed between them, she added on, "Obviously." 

"Obviously," he echoed as he pulled his clothes on- his quidditch robes from the day before. As soon as he stepped out of her room wearing them, everyone would know where he spent the night and no doubt what they were doing. 

And that was breaking their rule of no one finding out. 

"Can you hurry up?" she said, her voice coming out like a sharp snap. 

"Sorry," he mumbled, his eyes watching her closely. Although his gaze was heavy with sleep, it was tinged with something she couldn't quite place. It was somewhere between anger and hurt. 

A surge of guilt washed over Rune, but she swallowed it back. 

"I'm going to shower," she said, her voice betraying none of the turmoil raging within her. "See yourself out."