𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕: 𝐒𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐧

*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Barty whistled as Rune sat down next to him at breakfast. "Good morning, beautiful." 

Rune noticed the way his eyes watched Regulus' expression as he said it. Despite the subtle lock of Regulus' jaw, he continued to eat his breakfast without acknowledging her presence. 

Rune looked straight at Evan and waited for him to look up at her. 

As soon as he did and saw her staring at him with a wide smile, showcasing nearly all of her teeth, he shook his head. "Piss off, Rune." 

"I didn't even say anything," she remarked. 

"You're about to." 

As the glint of mischief entered Rune's eyes, she said, "I just heard a very interesting rumor about you."

"Yeah?" asked Evan, leaning closer.

Rune nudged Barty's arm and said, "It involves Crouch as well." 

"Oh dear," replied Barty in fake worry. "Tell me whose bed I've been warming recently. Professor McGonagall's, is it?" 

Rune laughed. "Oh no. This one is not out of reach. Everybody thinks it's true. I somewhat do as well." 

Barty placed a hand over his chest and leaned closer to her. "Have you started believing that I'm a tramp like everyone else, my dear Rune?"

Barty gasped and all of them looked down at where a glass of orange juice spilled over his arm, messing his shirt and pouring into his lap. 

All of them turned Regulus but he continued to calmly eat his breakfast without paying them any heed.

A simple spell cleaned up the spillage before Evan and Barty were looking at Rune in anticipation once more.

"I, on behalf of Hogwarts, would like you to hear the rumor and either confirm or deny it for me because all the giggles I hear in the bathrooms are making me very curious." 

"What did you hear?" asked Evan. 

Rune pressed her lips together to control her own laughs before composing herself and saying, "A certain girl in our year and in our house claims that at the end of last year, she was invited by you two for a session of- let's call it three-way copulating- and let's say, she felt she was not the main spectacle but rather a watcher for something that went down between you two." 

Regulus coughed nearly choking on his breakfast as the expressions on Evan's and Barty's faces went from aghast to horrified and then turned to disgust on Evan's face and humor on Barty's. 

"What are you asking, Rune?" asked Barty with an extreme underlying sense of cockiness. 

"Is it true? And if it is, the girls want to know how they can go about scheduling one with you?" 

"It is not true!" exclaimed Evan. "The three-way part is, but one look at Barty had me going soft like a marshmallow." 

"But still firm like one," said Barty as he winked at Evan and made his friend gag. "Tell me, Rune. In these rumors, am I on top or Evan?" 

"You are a bastard!" remarked Evan incredulously as Rune broke down with laughter. 

"Apparently you make a very pretty bottom, Bart." 

Barty tilted his head as he studied Evan. Then he shook his head. "I always top." 

"Why do you look like you're enjoying this?" asked Evan as he gripped his hair between his fingers.