𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏: 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐲

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"A diabolical foot fetish?!" exclaimed Rabastan. "Really Reg, a foot fetish?"

Regulus looked up from the book he was studying and frowned to try and hide his amusement. "Whatever are you talking about?"

"Only you know my—," he struggled to find a word and settled with, "—abhorrence of feet! And only Rune would be able to spread something so absurd! And the two of you spent the whole day together."

Regulus couldn't help but dig his nails into his palms to hold in his laughter. "We had nothing to do with it, Rab. Nothing."

Rabastan pointed an accusing finger at him and narrowed his eyes. "Just you wait, Black."

As he turned to leave, he tripped over the corner of a rug, and Regulus piped up, "Watch your feet, Rab."

"Shut up," called back Rabastan before retiring to his bed.

As Regulus closed his eyes to sleep that night, he decided that it wasn't too bad of a day.

***

Rune stood at the entrance of the Slytherin changerooms, nearly a month later, with her heart in her mouth as she flicked her fingers nervously. 

She was on her way to do something ridiculous. 

Since their Valentine date, she and Regulus had made appearances together at the dining table, in classrooms and sometimes in the corridors. It was time for the next step.

Slytherin had just won their match against Ravenclaw. The preparations for the party would already be in full swing. Most of the players had already left the changerooms. Only Regulus, Evan and Barty were still in there. 

She waited outside for two more minutes, hoping her anxiety would calm down but when it didn't, she mustered up all her courage and entered. 

"Bones is a force!" exclaimed Evan. "Did you see the way he scored that goal." 

"It was a near perfect imitation of Dai Llewellyn," remarked Barty. "He's got skill. We've got to see him go up against Potter." 

Rune caught sight of all three boys standing at their respective lockers. Barty and Evan were in the midst of breaking down the match and Regulus was neatly hanging up his robes and jersey. 

Object in sight. 

She cleared her throat and all three boys turned to her. 

"Hello, sweetheart," crooned Barty. "Lost your way?" 

It took a great deal of willpower to look away from him, but Rune turned her attention to Regulus. 

Before she could speak, he asked-in a rather unpleasant tone, "What do you want?" 

Well, it seemed the politeness from the Valentines date was gone and her mission was going to be five times harder. 

She scoffed. "Hello to you too, Reg." 

His eyes at least had the decency to look apologetic, but his tone didn't change as he repeated his question. "What do you want?" 

Evan shut his locker door with a bang. "You really want to speak to her like that?" 

Regulus turned to Evan. "Like what?"

"Like a twat—"

Crouch put himself between them and held up his hands. "Whoa, come on. All he means is—" He turned to Regulus, "There's a pretty girl saying hello to you. Talk to her properly. Especially if you're doing other things to her."