15

As the cool morning breeze rustled through the trees, Phayu stirred awake, a sense of unease washing over him. Though he didn't want to disturb his husband Rain's peaceful slumber, the feeling of being off-kilter nagged at him, urging him to investigate further.

Rain, attuned to Phayu's subtle movements, stirred from his sleep, his senses alert to any signs of distress from his mate. "Phayu, is everything okay?" he murmured, his voice thick with sleep.

Phayu hesitated for a moment, torn between wanting to reassure Rain and not wanting to cause unnecessary worry. "I'm not sure," he admitted quietly, his brow furrowed with concern. "I just feel... off."

Sitting up slightly, Rain reached out to Phayu, his touch gentle and comforting. "Do you want me to check on Jihoon?" he offered, his instincts as a mate and a father kicking in.

Phayu nodded gratefully, his anxiety easing at Rain's reassurance. "Yes, please," he replied, his voice soft but filled with gratitude.

With a reassuring smile, Rain quietly slipped out of their tent, careful not to disturb Jihoon's peaceful slumber. As he made his way to the adjacent tent where Sky and Prapai slept with Sirirat, Rain's heart raced with concern for his mate and their children, hoping that everything was alright.

Meanwhile, Phayu took a deep breath, feeling a sense of relief wash over him as Rain's presence provided comfort and reassurance. Though the feeling of being off-kilter lingered, knowing that Rain was by his side gave him the strength to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

As the first light of dawn filtered through the trees, Rain and Phayu remained vigilant, their bond as mates and fathers guiding them through the uncertainties of the wilderness. And as they faced each new day together, united in love and determination, they knew that no matter what challenges they may encounter, they would always find strength in the unwavering support of their family.