CHAPTER 29: THE CARDS

THE BAYOU

"Ahh, if it isn't the woman I desperately wanted to see." That voice.

That British accent that made all her senses tingly. It was now filing her whole entire system with nothing but dread. What had she done... she wanted to run. She really wished she could run, but she knew she could get no farther.

"Tell me, love, how have you been." A sneer so potent, one would mistake it for lethal venom.

"hi.. Klaus" she let out a high pitched squeak. There was no where to run to. "What are you doing here, hybrid. Shouldn't you be tending to your wife?" Magdalene intervened with a glare.

"Abuela, please stay out of this." Lola begged. Klaus only smirked. The look on his face was that of the devil. An unforgiving monster who came to destroy. Lola knew she deserved it this time. It was all her fault, after all.

"I won't be staying out of anything. I want to know what he is doing here." Magdalene insisted.

"Klaus, what are you doing here? Is Bonnie alright?" Alice questioned. The look on her sire's face was unlike anything she had ever seen. No to mention the rage he was radiating. She knew that whatever had brought him to their side of New Orleans, it had to be bad.

Alice quickly sent one of Kaleb's nannies to take care of him, instructing her that the little boy was not to be allowed anywhere near Klaus. Not this time.

"Out of the way old hag, I have some important things to discuss with Lolita here" Klaus calmly said. The potency of his words and tone was enough to let everyone know that he was not there for a formal visit. "Not until you tell me what you want with her" Magdalene refused to move, standing in front of Lola. She had every intention to protect her granddaughter.

"What is going on here?" asked Vasil. He and the other alphas had felt Klaus' presence, and by the looks of it, it was bad.

"I said move out of the way!" Klaus bellowed so loud, it garnered the attention of the others there. Suddenly, more people gathered there, watching everything play out. Instinct was surely letting them know to stay clear, to run.

Lola was sweating bullets. She was so scared, dread that painted her pale face.

"I'm sorry" she shed tears. Regretful for what she had done.

"Please. I'm sorry" she pleaded.

All she achieved was widening the smirk on Klaus' face. He wasn't there for her tears. Well, he expected her tears, but it made no difference. His decision had been made the moment he learned the truth.

"Is that so? Are you truly sorry, Lolita?" tilting his head to the side.

That look on his face. No. no one wanted to see that. A sick look of a predator, and he wore it well.

It was enough to give a grown man nightmares for years.

"Is someone going to explain what is going on here?" Shaun shouted. Even he could feel that Klaus came to destroy. It left them all confused. Shaun had thought they reached an agreement, he thought they were okay. He was surprised as to what could be the cause of Klaus' sudden hostility.

"It was you, wasn't it?" Alice drew a huge gasp.

"Please. I'm so sorry. I didn't know it would happen. I didn't mean it, please." Lola kept pleading with the man before her. "Please forgive me. I never meant for it to happen, please" she tearfully begged.

"Lola mi Corazon, what have you done?" Magdalene asked her granddaughter. Lola hung her head in shame. Too afraid to admit to what her had done, what she had taken.