CHAPTER 8: INTIMACY I

NEW ORLEANS

The dream was recurring. The same one, over and over again. It became hard to sleep. Davina dreaded when the time to sleep came. At first, she retaliated, not sleeping for three days straight. She fought sleep, and she lost. The dream continued. Then came the dream catchers that Marcel had gotten for her. Still, it never worked. Nothing helped. 

Davina was starting to go insane and her magic was reacting to that. The never-ending terror that was her dream resulted in heavy rain for a week. It became so bad that Marcel had to bring in another witch from Los Angeles to help. The witches from the quarter were not to be trusted, not when they wanted Davina dead for her supposed 'betrayal'.

It was a painful process. One where the witch, Linda was her name, had to magically restrain Davina. She then entered her mind; it was not pleasant. To get to the root of the problem, Linda, had to see what was in the girl's mind. It was a dangerous, more especially at the state Davina was in. Linda got a much clearer picture, but that did help stop the dreams. Nothing could.

"She is under a lot of stress. I can't believe her body can even handle the amount of power she has right now" Linda said, concerned. Marcel sighed, "what did you see?". "a lot. I'm afraid she wont last long. Its too much power to wield, she will die soon" she said. Davina was overwhelmed, more that she even knew.

"What do you mean. She's been wielding this power for months now." Marcel didn't like what he was hearing. "I'm just a messenger, Marcel. What I'm saying is true. This girl is not supposed to have as much power as she has now. She's only a child" Linda said. "You don't know what you're talking about. Davina can handle it. She can handle anything." He was trying to convince himself; Linda could tell.

"I know there is so much you are keeping from me with regards to this girl, but I owe you so I won't pry." Linda didn't want any trouble. Marcel was a friend but she could tell he changed. He was more on edge than she remembered. "She was right. A war is coming and she is a big part of it, but..." she paused. 

"But what?" he didn't like the look she had. "I'm afraid she's not the center of it. There is more. although unclear, I can tell you that old bloodlines are involved" Linda recalled Marcel telling her about his sire. How he was an old one, an original. If what she saw is true, they are involved in the war.

Marcel hoped they weren't involved. Now what? "What does it all mean?" he asked. "I saw two moons. One was an eclipse, the other was a new moon. I'm not sure but I think something new is coming and it may be on the day of an eclipse. Her dream is all over the place, so it is unclear." She explained. "Marcel, I don't mean to cross any boundaries but if this has anything to do with your sire..." Linda wondered, she had to tread lightly with this. "He wanted to break his curse." Marcel admitted. "A curse. What curse?" she asked.

"Klaus may be an original vampire but he also carries the werewolf gene. Last time I checked, he wanted to fully embrace being a hybrid" he said. Linda was beyond shocked. An original vampire was dangerous to begin with, but a hybrid would be lethal. If Klaus was coming after Davina, they stood no chance. Marcel could see the terror written all over Linda's face. On a different day, he would have had a good laugh, but not today. Not when Davina was in danger.

"I need to protect her. What can I do?" he asked. For the first time since she arrived, Linda saw how scared he was. He really cared for the girl. Even though Marcel never gave her all the details about Davina, it wasn't hard to put two and two together. "I suggest you get ready for a war. Vampires make great solders but you need to fight magic with more magic. Seeing the tension between you and the witched in the quarter, I doubt any of them will want to help you, you will have to source outside" she said. Marcel smiled looking at her. "Look at you being a general. How about I start with you" he said closing the gap between them.