CHAPTER 13: WORLDS COLLIDE

MYSTIC FALLS

The weeks with bonnie being back had been hard on her, she had gone through all the motions. Turns out, being separated from one's bonded was hell. From the migraines, nightmares, morning sickness and hallucinations, Bonnie was sure she would die at any given moment. The nightmares came out of the blue, she didn't know what any of it meant, it was all unclear.

The morning sickness, which lasted the whole day, was a bitch, and Bonnie couldn't wait for it to end. After a few days, came the hallucinations. She couldn't make it out. All she saw were figures, blurry figures. They were saying something but it was all lost on her. she was sure that she was going crazy. One of the figures was relentless, always showing up, gesturing something. As it if couldn't tell that Bonnie couldn't hear a thing.

It came every day. To the point where Bonnie got used to it presence. If she was going to go mad, then so be it. She had no time to fight her imaginary 'person'. They all watched Bonnie go through it all, not knowing what to do. Rebecca and Elijah made sure to feed her their blood, but at some point, it wasn't enough.

Lillian was at wits end. She had never seen something like it before. They were worried about Bonnie and the baby. Lillian had taken some kind of a motherly role since Bonnie's return, seeing the Bennett witch suffer caused an ache in her heart. Lillian suggested they give her more blood, it went from feeding twice a day to feeding every other hour.

They deduced that it was probably because of the baby's parentage, but Lillian had told them it was because of its growing power. At first, she suspected the child to be a siphoner, they were always described as hard pregnancies, but she decided to dig deeper. After consulting her oracle, Lillian was able to tell Bonnie all about her little spitfire.

The baby was no siphoner, but it was merely trying to keep itself alive due to Bonnie's weak state. Under different circumstances, the baby would have died not long after conception. "I see we have a fighter here" Rebecca commented once, trying to make Bonnie feel better. They all saw how she had grown to love her baby, she was always worried that something would go wrong at any point.

"Your little peanut is fighting all the odds as we speak. This is an unusual pregnancy, one in a million. Heck, its one in a billion if you ask me. And yet here we are." Lillian told Bonnie as she held her hand. The Bennett witch was so young, she didn't deserve this. "And we will do everything in our power to see this through" Elijah had told her.

"Think positive, bon. Think about the end, when you're holding your baby. Stressing won't help, and we're all here for you." Caroline had encouraged. Bonnie felt so happy. The support she was receiving was well received, she loved it. Her baby had a family just waiting to meet them. Although she was scared, she knew she had support and that her baby was already loved.

Elijah had found a good vampire doctor. One who was sired by Rebecca in the 1850s. Rebecca had almost forgot about her, but she knew she could be trusted. Evangeline Brown, was her name. she was ready to do the first exam, but Bonnie wanted to wait for Klaus. They had prepared to bring him back within just a few days, and she was excited.

She was excited to see him, for the pain to end. She wanted everything to go back to normal, when she was healthy, when her baby would be healthy. "I don't think that's a good idea, Bonnie" Elijah said. He had taken to calling her by her name, after she told him to do so. Although she still didn't trust him, she was warming up to him.

"Why, brother?" Rebecca asked him when they were alone. "Because, sister, our brother is more likely going to doubt it. This is the first time something like this happens, and I am afraid he might do something he will regret. We know how Bonnie feels about him, it's written all over her face, but for our brother..." he knew his brother far too well. The promise of a child might not get a reaction Bonnie would appreciate. "He won't believe it" Rebecca finished.