CHAPTER 28: MUCH MORE TO IT

NEW ORLEANS

"What are you trying to say?"

"There is nothing I can do to help. Bonnie's body is spent. With so much magic... I'm afraid she might not make it. All we can do is wait" doctor Brown said what they all were afraid to hear.

"No. Bonnie will make it, I know it. She has handled expression before; I know she can do it again." Caroline said with so much determination, Klaus wanted to believe her.

"Expression?" the dark-skinned warlock was beyond shocked.

"She wields expression?" the blonde woman asked. They were witches, so they had heard rumors of such magic.

"What is expression?" Davina asked, curiosity dancing in her eyes. 

"Expression is the strongest form of magic. It has a life of its own. In the witch community, we don't even classify it as magic anymore. It gives its wielder a power that knows no bounds. Anything you can think of, expression can do. But it always comes at a price. Those that have attempted to hone its power died before they even touched the surface of its full power" Abbigail explained.

"She can handle it, I know she can" Caroline said. She wasn't going to believe anything other than that, but the look on doctor Brown's face made the resolve falter. "It may not be so," the blonde woman said, earning herself a glare from the Mikaelsons for trampling on their hope.

"And who the hell are you?" Rebecca questioned both strangers. She knew Davina, and of course Marcel, and she didn't need to be introduced to the werewolves or Alice. But, the witches and the know it all vampire were still strangers who let themselves into their home.

"My name is Freya... Freya Mikaelson" the woman said. Freya decide to just rip the band aid off. She knew that her siblings would not believe her, but there was no time to play around.

The room couldn't get even more tense. So many people there, so much agony in his heart, Klaus was just about ready to break necks. Especially that of this Freya impersonator.

"Everyone out" Elijah said. He knew that wherever this was going, it may as well end in bloodshed and the look on his brother's face was telling. "I'm not going anywhere. Bonnie is my daughter." Abbigail stubbornly said. "And just as you forgot all those years ago that she was your daughter, do what you do best and run before I make you" Klaus spat venom.

As much as she tried to stand strong, those words truck her like a whip. "We can't just leave after what happened" the warlock said. "Vincent, I think we you should leave. This is a family matter" Marcel advised, although Vincent didn't spare him a glance.

"We will leave for now. We may come back later to check on Bonnie" Shaun said. They had all taken a liking to the young witch, and to even think of the state she was in is saddening. All the werewolves left and Abbigail decided to follow suite. "I'll be outside. I'm not leaving" she said before turning her back.

Davina didn't want to leave but Marcel led her away, with Vincent in tow. The was a silence, Rebecca had a death grip on Caroline's hand, refusing to let her go. The thought that this woman before her was impersonating her sister was too shocking. She didn't want to believe it, but she had an odd feeling of familiarity for the woman.

"Freya, our sister died long before the existence of vampires," said Elijah.

"The plague... yes, that is what mother led everyone to believe." Freya bitterly said. Klaus rolled his eyes at the audacity of the woman who stood before him and his siblings- and Caroline, of course-