CHAPTER 4: NEW ARRIVALS, OLD ACQUAINTANCES

FLORANCE, ITALY

"Rebecca, have you by any chance seen our brother?" Elijah asked giving his sister a puzzled look. He hadn't heard from his brother in days and that could mean trouble. "No I have not, nor do I wish to" Rebecca dismissed. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't seen or heard from her annoying brother for far too long, not that she would admit it, but it was worrying. "Sister, I know you may not want much to do with him at the moment, but we came here to mend things between us" Elijah said.

"Your naivety is quite heartbreaking Lijah, even you know there is no amount of ultra-super glue that possesses the ability to mend ANYTHING between us." "Besides, Nik is a thousand years old, he can take care of himself without mother hen (Elijah) hovering around him" she answered pointing at him. "Do you think these shoes would complement me?" she asked "yes, yes, they would. They are limited edition, you know" she said. Elijah gave a deep sigh; this was proving more difficult than he anticipated.

"Sister, this is not the time to be focused on pairs of shoes, for our brother has gone missing" Elijah said adjusting this necktie. "Well, I am off, brother, I have and important appointment with my hairdresser, then I'll go get these gorgeous shoes. And oh, I will definitely be using one of Nik's cards of course" Rebecca said getting up, tossing her magazine on the coffee table. 

"Do find something to occupy yourself with, brother. Or better yet, someone" she said with a knowing smirk. Elijah could only shake his head from his sister's behavior, he couldn't blame her. They had all hurt each other over the years, mostly Niklaus, but they were a family after all. A family he wished so desperately to keep together. All they had was each other, and he would never forget their promise of 'Always and Forever'.

As he gazed through the window of their newfound home, he wished for this to be their permanent home, he couldn't help but lament of all their time on earth. Their childhood, when they turned, all the betrayals, the daggering. In all honesty, he couldn't fault his sister for the resentment she boar towards Niklaus, he had hurt her the most. They were both more alike than meets the eye. She loved her brother and she always fought for him time and time again, yet it seemed as though Klaus never cared.

Perhaps he was in fact a fool, a fool unwilling to lose hope. He was not going to let up, he owed it to his family, to Niklaus. Elijah continued enjoying the view, now with a drink in hand. 'Villa di Cabbiavoli', it was exquisite, he had to admit so. As soon as he saw this beauty by the countryside, about 30 km from Florence, he knew it would make a beautiful home for them. With beautiful weather, a garden and all the privacy they needed, it was a sight.

Although he had had this bad feeling that he couldn't shake, he would wait for Niklaus to return, hopefully.

PRISON WORLD

Bonnie finished telling Klaus everything else that she knew, with some exclusions. One may wonder why she would do that; it was probably because he threatened to maim her. She saw no way out, so she just said it all. "So, you mean to tell me there is no way out of this... this prison world because you used the last of your magic on an incompetent, foolish Salvatore?" Klaus's voice boomed. 

"Are you that much of a fool to waste magic on Damon?". His words cut deep like a knife, she didn't need to hear this, but it still hurt. Tears filled her eyes, and she so wished she was stronger than this. 'don't let him get to you Bon, you're stronger than this' she kept chanting in her head.

But that look, the look he was giving her was enough to make her want to dig a hole and jump in there. "Look, I know it's bad but..." she tried to answer. "Bad? You think this is bad?" oh now he was mad, she could tell. "Bad is wasting your potential on a stupid group of misfits trying to save a cursed doppelganger. Bad is being stuck in a prison world with no way out because you used it on Damon..." "and lastly, bad is being stuck here with ME" Klaus said menacingly. His rage was beyond control, and he couldn't care less.