CHAPTER 12: WORLDS APART

MYSTIC FALLS

Mikaelson mansion

Rebecca was keeping an eye on her. she was radiant when she first came back but there was a shift in the last couple of hours. Bonnie's skin was turning a shade of grey. Her heart began to beat a bit faint, as if it would stop at any moment. It worried her. If it continued this way, Rebecca didn't want to think of what would happen to Bonnie's baby.

"How is she?" Caroline came in. "I got more of her things, just in case she needs them." She added, dropping a duffle bad on the floor. "She is no better. Something is wrong and I don't know what to do. She hasn't woken up since." Rebecca said. She almost looked worried, but Caroline brushed it off. "I think we should take her to the hospital. You know, to make sure everything is okay." Caroline suggested.

"I do agree, but I know what is wrong with her" Lillian came in, right behind Elijah.

Bonnie's eyes fluttered open. The light from the window was too bright. "Nik, can you close the blinds" her voice was hoarse. She was thirsty, and she felt so weak. 'what's happening to me?'. Everyone stilled upon hearing her voice. Caroline was so excited. Her friend was finally awake.

Rebecca heard her perfectly. Bonnie called for her brother, rather so casually, she might add. She called her brother 'Nik'. "Nik?" Bonnie called again. Elijah heard it too. They all, with the exception of Lillian, heard her heartrate pick up. She was panicking. Bonnie began to recall the last moments before everything went blank.

They had a great day. Klaus made her breakfast as usual, she had practiced her magic, the spent time together, made love. She specifically remembered the pull she felt, it was out of nowhere. It hurt. But now, she felt burned out, she felt weak. Even though she was conscious, her vision was a bit blurred. She thought she was mistaken but she did hear voices. 'what's happening.' It didn't feel right. Something was wrong.

"Oh my god, Bonnie. You're awake." Caroline? It sounded like Caroline. But Caroline wasn't there with them, maybe she was dreaming. She used to have those kinds of dreams when she first got to the prison world. "Get her some water" Elijah said. Bonnie knew that voice, but she couldn't put a face to it. Rebecca got her a glass of water in record time. She helped Bonnie up to take a sip.

A glass of water was replenishing. It felt like years without water and she was grateful. Bonnie's vision cleared. She looked around the large room, adorned with expensive looking furniture, white linen. But she then saw them. Caroline, Rebecca, Elijah and some woman she didn't know. "Care? is this a dream?" she asked.

"No this isn't a dream, Bonbon, you're home." Caroline wore the biggest and brightest smile. "Where am I? where is Ni... Klaus?" she saw Caroline's smile drop. They were all silent. They were keeping something from her. A maid walked in with a tray of food for Bonnie. How did she even know to bring food? "Miss Bennett, please have something to eat, then we can have a conversation." Bonnie hesitated, she didn't trust Elijah one bit, but the nod of encouragement Caroline gave her made her agree.

It was hard to sit up straight, she felt so weak. Then she realized that Rebecca was holding her steady. "Eat, witch" Rebecca said. Bonnie couldn't even roll her eyes at that, but she ate. It took her longer than it should have, especially with four sets of eyes gawking at her, but she ate and felt a bit better. Just a bit.

Lillian was fascinated. She was in the midst of one of the last few Bennett witches alive till date. It was true what they said about them. About their power. If not, then Bonnie wouldn't be alive still, she wouldn't be pregnant with a hybrid's child. What a time to be alive. This was a witch's dream, and she had front row seats to watch the story unfold. Even though Bonnie was not her level best, Lillian could still fell her power. It was raw, untrained, untapped. This little girl was something else, and with the addition of the father, who knew how powerful that baby would be.