Quiero un bebé contigo pt. 2 - Alanna Kennedy

A few warnings for this ficlet - mentions of childbirth and blood

*

"Ok y/n, I'm going to need you to really focus on this next contraction when it comes" the pain coursing through your body is overwhelming and it feels like you're on fire while simultaneously being dunked into ice cold water.

"You got this babe" your wife is gentle with her touches, having been pre-warned by her sister to not be overbearing but to also be wary that this is the hardest thing you'll ever go through, "ok one more push and then you're going to meet your baby" the midwife chimes back in.

Alanna's hands ghost over your back when you need her, fingers occasionally trailing in the water as your hips moving in a figure of eight motion trying to combat the pain. The all too familiar tightening starting to build across your stomach again, no other sounds in the room apart from your inhales and exhales, just focusing on the pain surging through you and birthing your child safely.

"That's it y/n, baby is nearly here...".

One last push and you feel something between your legs, looking down quickly and reaching down to pull your baby from the water and straight onto your chest, "hola mi vida" you whisper. "I'm so proud of you darls" Alanna gently kisses you on the forehead, tears in her eyes and heart practically bursting with joy, "would you like to cut the cord and we can find out what you have?" the midwife asks the defender.

A pair of scissors is passed over and you adjust the baby in your arms, allowing the Aussie access to sever your child from the organ sustaining them for nine months, "last guess?" Alanna asks, handing back the instruments as the midwife applies the clamp for now.

"I stand by my decision. Un niño" you smile, leaning up to kiss Alanna, "congratulations, you have a beautiful baby girl".

"Told y'a babe" the defender smirks, kissing you again, a little harder this time, "it's a good job I love you Kennedy" you smile, wincing slightly as another, slightly less intense contraction overcomes you. The nurse then takes your baby to be weighed and measured, Alanna in hot pursuit ready to take plenty of pictures while the midwife helps you out of the birthing pool and to the bathroom to help tidy you up a little.

You return to a heart melting scene, wife cradling your daughter to her, little body tucked into her shirt to keep warm as she softly sings Strawberry Kisses, "introducing her to an Aussie icon already, smart move amor, but she will be listening to Rosalía sooner than you can say Matildas" you smirk.

"Our niña perfecta".