New home pt. 2 - Leila Ouahabi

A/N - sorry it's a bit of a long one.

Prompt - your trip to Spain ends with an unexpected confession.

*

Several months had passed and you slowly found yourself getting more and more drawn into Leila's life or rather she was drawn into yours. It seemed that whenever you met up with Vicky, the defender would either tag along or show up, claiming she'd just 'bumped into you' when really you both knew it was a ploy to spend more time together.

Slowly but surely, it turned into just the two of you going out, usually after training, for coffee and even the occasional day trip to places you had found over your last eight years in England.

You enjoyed your time with her and were even persuaded by Leila to attend some City games, with the pretence that you hadn't seen enough, when all she really wanted to do was show off. You had to admit that seeing her play in person was much better than watching it on your phone in the office and getting a chance to wear the shirt she got you was also a bonus.

Leila had been back in Spain with the national team for a week or so when you got the call that you were needed on a job where over the phone advice wasn't good enough, they needed you in person.

When you found out the team were playing just down the road from where you were staying, you made up your mind to go and watch your first live National team game.

Hence why there's a very confused defender staring across at you from the other side of the barrier.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Laia questions, pulling you into a hug, "a work project needed me to be here in person and so I thought I'd come and surprise you guys while I was here" you reply.

"Well I'm pleasantly surprised. Does Leila know you're here?".

You give a quick shake of your head, "no, I didn't tell anyone I was coming out. I didn't expect to be here tonight. It was a last minute decision".

"I don't think she'll forgive you too easily" she smiles and you shrug, "probably not, but hey... good win by the way".

Laia excepts the congratulations, introducing you to Mapi when she walks past, "ahh so you are the famous Y/N, encantada de conocerte. I'm Maria but you can call me Mapi. I'm Leila's best friend" she smirks, "I've heard good things" you reply.

"Oh look. Leila's coming over".

Mapi's statement has your eyes searching the pitch for the defender, finally spotting her walking over with a dark haired tattooed girl. Leila's eyes widen when she spots you, jogging over and scooping you up in a hug, quickly pressing a kiss to your cheek by way of a greeting.

"I didn't expect to see you here" she grins, "me neither but I had a job that needed seeing to and I thought why not come and surprise you and Laia while I was here" you explain, eyes only for the tall City player.

"Who's this?" you ask.

"Lo siento, this is..." Leila says but gets cut off by the girl introducing herself, "Misa, I'm her girlfriend" she smiles, facade breaking when she reaches for your hand. "You never told me you had a girlfriend" you say inquiring but not pushing, "you never asked" the defender replies, rubbing her neck nervously.

Out of the corner of your eye, you can see Mapi eyeing the two of you cautiously but you don't think anything of it, "well, we better be going in" Laia says, breaking the tension, "it was lovely to see you Y/N. See you back in Manchester?" she adds before walking away, Leila and Misa in tow, leaving just you and Mapi.

"She really didn't tell you?" she frowns and you shake your head warily, "no. Was she supposed to?" you ask, now a little confused.

"Sí..." she hesistates.