Descartada - Patri Guijarro

Prompt - R finds it difficult settling into a very close knit Barcelona side.

*

Your time in Barcelona had not gone as you'd expected or wanted with the squad seemingly refusing to accept you.

This prompted the fans to start seeing you as someone who had upset the rhythm and togetherness of the team and players they loved so much and they were extremely vocal about wanting you out of their club.

You had been growing more and more frustrated with your teammates and their behaviour over the last few months, on top of the pressure from the fans but Mapi blanking you during an exercise had finally sent you over the edge.

"Why do you all hate me so much?" you ask exasperated, "what have I done to offend you so much and why after six months of trying my very hardest to fit in, do I still feel like an outsider?" you protest.

"You know, when I first heard that Barcelona wanted to sign me, I couldn't believe it, so much so I had my agent send me several official documents with Barcelona insignia on them. I couldn't believe that the Spanish giants, champions league winners, that they wanted me! I knew it was going to be difficult to come into such a tight knit squad but never did I imagine you turning your backs against me" you complain, staring at one person in particular.

"We don't take to foreigners easily" Patri shrugs, looking at Leila and Mapi for support, the two defenders blindly nodding along.

Her admission is like a knife to your heart especially because Mapi was dating Ingrid and had a fling with Ana before her. You try to hide your pain as your eyes search the room, desperately trying to find a pair staring back you without and judgments.

"And what about you?" your eyes land on Alexia, "is this how you feel too? You're the captain, you're supposed to welcome me into the team regardless of what your teammates think, supposed be there if I need anything but you've just abandoned me... you all have" you fall silent, hanging your head and returning to your locker.

The dressing room is deadly silent as you gather up your things and rush from the space without looking back, but you don't get far before Patri is calling you back, "I'm done. You guys got your wish. I'm going home" you sigh, turning back to face her.

"See you tomorrow for training?" she asks expectantly in broken English but you shake your head.

"I'm going home to LA and don't intend to come back" you explain, watching the midfielders face fall and thinking she won't reply, you turn on your heels and head for the front door, not expecting Patri to run after you and pull you into a hug.

The two of you stand in complete silence, you stunned by her actions and the younger girl now too embarrassed to remove herself.

"No te vayas, por favor" Patri whispers against your neck, the feeling making you shiver, something not missed by your teammate, "I have to, no one wants me here" you reply, heart shattering into several pieces as you pull her arms from around you and step away.

The co-captain reaches for your hands, panic setting in as you pull yours away and take another step back, putting as much distance between yourself and Patri as possible. Her eyes widen and then slowly start to fill with tears as the realisation that you're really leaving hits her and you can't help but think she looks like that one emoji.