Harmless flirting - Lynn Wilms

REQUESTED.

Prompt - Lynn always flirting with you but you are yet to find a reason her flirting is sincere.

*

You couldn't quite wrap you head around it. Lynn had just made an openly flirty statement and then walked off as if it was nothing.

What's worse is that it wasn't the first time either.

Since you had moved to Wolfsburg six months ago, the defender had done pretty much the same routine every single day and it didn't matter whether you were alone or with teammates, she was always so open with it and leaving you a hot mess.

Jill knew how you felt about it and liked to wind you up and it didn't help you and Lynn were roommates for this trip.

"I'm really not a fan of this mindless flirting. I don't know where I stand with her".

"Oh come on, you love it" Jill smirks.

"Do I?".

You raise an eyebrow in return as you pass the ball between the two of you, focusing on the movement rather than Jill's face, "I'm convinced it's just how she is and there's no meaning behind it".

Jill stops the ball under her foot and effectively forces you to look at her, "hey!".

"Hey yourself" she says.

"Do you really believe that?" she asks sincerely and you nod, "yes!! Now pass the ball jij idioot!" you shout perhaps a little too loud, drawing the attention of your teammates.

"Jill, ik meen het serieus! Geef me de bal door!".

"Oke, oke" she replies, rolling the ball out from her foot and towards you, "bedankt".

You continue in silence for a few minutes, but after about five, you can tell Jill is dying to ask you something and by this point, you've moved onto the resistance bands making it harder for her to see your expressions.

"What Jill?" you sigh.

"Why do you think that?" she asks timidly, afraid you'll shout at her again, "because it's Lynn we're talking about" you start.

"You've seen her with plenty of girls, even our teammates. She flirts with all of them, whether she actually likes them or not. She fucks around with people and it's degrading, I mean you know how long I've liked her" you mumble the last part, not up for the argument anymore.

She doesn't say anything, so you get back to work and it's only when you notice a shadow that you stop again.

"Jill seriously! If you have got anything better to do, stop annoying me" you complain, but it's not Jill who replies, no it's someone much worse.

"Annoying you is what I'm best at" Lynn smirks.

"Rot op Lynn!".

"Y/N. As always you are such a charmer" she replies, running off to Obi, "whatever she tells you, it's a lie" you shout after her.

*

"How's my roomie?" Lynn sings, throwing an arm around your shoulders as you make your way down for dinner.

"I'm fine".

You push her arm off as you walk into the dining room, "now leave me alone for the rest of the night" you scowl, grabbing a plate and surveying your options as the defender walk along behind you.

"Now why would I want to do that?" she smirks, reaching in front and grabbing the roll you were going for, "Lynn!".

"You're my favourite person to annoy" she grins, taking a bite from the roll just in case you had an intention of stealing it, which you didn't. A blush spreads across your cheeks, getting darker because you know she'll tease you about it.