Take the hint - Lena Oberdorf

Prompt - everybody can see it but you.

*

Your alarm had gone off ten minutes ago and despite you banging around while you got dressed, there was still no sign of Lena stirring.

The midfielder had a tendency to sleep through alarms and not just when she roomed with you, your teammates often complaining how she made them late for breakfast or meetings. You didn't mind of course, it gave you an excuse to mess with her which is what you were doing now, crouching down so you were level with her.

"It's time to wake up sleepyhead!" you shout.

Lena jumps out of bed so hard that she nearly smacks her head on yours, "what was that for?" she frowns, "the alarm went off ten minutes ago Lena. Let's not be late for breakfast today" you smirk.

You give the midfielder some space so she can hop into the bathroom, scrolling through your phone while you wait and getting so lost in Instagram you don't notice her re-emerge. "Come on, let's not be late for breakfast" she says running off out the door, leaving you to catch up and not bothering to wait for you so you end up walking into the dining room alone.

"Goedemorgen" Jill smiles.

"Guten Morgen Jillie".

You sigh, "will you ever say it the right way?" you ask and she shakes her head, "never and there isn't a right way. No matter the country I'm in, it'll always be in Dutch".

Admitting defeat, you grab some fruit and a yoghurt before making your way over to an empty table or rather you think it's empty, until a hand grabs your leg making you shriek.

"Obi I swear to god!" you protest as she crawls out, a big smirk on her face, "sorry, I couldn't help it. You're so easy to prank, plus I needed to get you back for earlier" she winks, sending a blush across your cheeks, something not missed by Jill or Feli.

"Well next time think it through, you could have ended up with yoghurt in your hair".

She shrugs, "would have been a small price to pay".

"For what?" you laugh, finally taking a seat at the table, noticing how Lena stays quiet, "oh come on Obi, don't go all shy on us now" Jill chimes in but the midfielder just shakes her head and walks away.

*

"Obi, how about you sit next to Y/N?" Jill quickly vacates her seat and pushes your teammate into it, perhaps a little too hard as Lena falls right into your lap, "fancy seeing you here" she smirks.

A blush quickly spreads across your cheeks and you throw the biggest scowl at Jill, who has taken up a seat next to Lynn.

Lena pushes herself off you and focuses her attention on your manager, occasionally glancing over at you and you suddenly become very aware of the fact that her thigh is pressing against yours.

"Are you ok?".

Her voice is barely above a whisper but to you it sounds like she's shouting, "uh-huh" you nod slowly, trying to focus on the tactics rather than Lena's proximity to you. Your hands start to get a little sweaty and as you wipe them on your trousers, your fingers brush the midfielder's skin and unnoticed by you, a wave of goosebumps breaks out, very much felt by your roommate.

"Y/N" she mutters, "stop doing that".

"I'm not doing anything".

After a few more minutes of fidgeting, you finally settle down and actually listen to what is being said by your manager, well only really the last five minutes because you were messing around for so long, "Obi, Y/L/N. A word please?".