Take the hint pt. 2 - Lena Oberdorf

Prompt - everyone can see it but you.

*

"Sshhh you're going to wake them".

"I'm not the one shouting".

You can hear your teammates whispering between themselves, slowly opening your eyes to see Jill, Feli and Lynn leaning over you, the latter holding a key card in her hand.

"Scheisse".

Feli looks a little sheepish when she notices you're awake while the other two have big smirks on their faces, "I think you have some explaining to do" Jill says wiggling her eyebrows, "so do you. Why are you even in here?" you ask.

"We knew you'd had a bad night so wanted to make sure you were doing ok. What we didn't expect was to find you and Obi in bed together" she replies.

You feel a blush creep across your cheeks as you look down and find Lena still snuggled into your neck, an arm thrown across your waist while one of yours in tucked under her; legs tangled together under the sheets.

"You better leave now before she wakes up" you state, "depends, are you going to tell her?" Feli asks.

You wave her away with away with your free arm and thankfully she ushers the two Dutch players out, following close behind and leaving you to wonder how the hell you're going to a. extract your other arm out from under Lena and b. how you're going to explain this whole situation.

She starts to stir and you sigh, knowing you've solved one problem, the feeling coming back into your arm as she rolls off it, "guten morgen" she mumbles, still half asleep.

Under your gaze, the midfielder starts to get a little nervous, especially when she realises just where she is lying, jumping out of the bed and almost falling over hers in the process, "sorry I didn't realise I'd fallen asleep on you".

"It's ok".

You can see the panic in her eyes, her usual confident self hidden away, "erm... ho-how long have we got before we have to leave?" she asks, not looking at you properly as you scramble to find your phone, "an hour and a half, why?".

She shakes her head, "no reason. I'm going to go and get ready..." she mutters and sprints into the bathroom.

*

The next few weeks are hectic as Wolfsburg announces the termination of your contract and you are suddenly flooded with offers from clubs around Europe, all wanting your services.

You and your agent had sat down, looking through all the contracts on offer and deciding on which was the best move for you. It broke your heart to leave this team behind, the people who you had so many fond and happy memories with but you couldn't stay somewhere you weren't wanted.

You'd had your last training session and had said your goodbyes, although one was harder than the others but you were now looking forward to a fresh start.

"Ok, so we'll do all the usual things, get you in, get the contract signed and then someone will give you a tour etc and you can meet Emma. But you need to be aware they have got another player coming in for a signing today too, so you may overlap".

"Sure, do you know who it is?" you ask.

Marissa shakes her head, "I don't know, she's not someone on our books" she says and you don't press the issue, instead watching the world go by outside the car window, apprehensive of your arrival at the stadium.

You'd never played outside Germany so this was going to be a whole new experience for you and you didn't know what to really expect, not from the league, you knew it was one of the best in the world and highly competitive, no it was everything was scary and you wished you perhaps had someone to do it with.