Team tornarem pt. 2 - Alexia Putellas

A/N - it seems you really enjoyed part 1, so here's part 2.

Prompt - Alexia is by reader's side every step of their recovery.

*

As soon as the game finishes and despite being told she must stay, Alexia is running off down the tunnel towards your dressing room, pushing the door open and barging into the medical room.

Her heart drops when she sees your leg, guilt filling her body at not being there when she should have been.

"Ale?".

You call her name, twice, three times before she registers it, hurrying over and picking up one your hands, kissing the back of it, "lo siento mucho mi amor. Lo siento, I should been with you. I left you on that grass, gracias a Dios por Aitana but I should have been the one telling you it was going to be ok. I am your girlfriend and I left you all alone. All alone and in pain" she rambles.

"Ale it's ok. You're here now" you smile making the captain take her first proper look at you and thinking how grateful she was for you.

"What did they say?" her eyes don't move from the brace, hoping, no praying for the best but expecting the worse, "erm...they're not sure yet. I'm going to need an x-ray and probably a scan but they think it's a broken leg or ankle, maybe both or at least some serious ligament damage. Which would most likely explain why I couldn't feel anything".

The medication running through your body is making you sleepy, eyes fighting to stay awake when you suddenly remember, "did you win?".

Alexia frowns, "win what, mi amor?" she asks, "the final. Did you win?" you repeat and she nods slowly, unsure of how to tell you, "then why aren't you celebrating?" you mutter, sleep starting to take over again.

"What is there to celebrate when you're hurt? I can celebrate another time" she protests, "but the team, your mum and Alba? Won't they want to see you?".

She nods and then shakes her head very quickly, "I can see them another time. You are all that matters right now, mi amor" she breathes, brushing hair away from your face as you struggle to keep your eyes open, "if you want to sleep that's ok too. I'm not going anywhere. Go to sleep mi amor, I'm right here".

You nod sleepily, "felicidades Ale".

"Gracias, mi amor".

*

It turns out you did break your leg, a small but career threatening fracture as a result of Aitana stepping your ankle, however the ligament damage that endured was something the doctors weren't sure you would fully heal from.

When you got the news, Alexia was away on a shoot and despite her best efforts to try and get out of it so she could be there, you shared the outcome with her over FaceTime.

"Lo siento mucho, mi amor" was the only thing she could say, knowing very little would do anything to ease the pain you were feeling at the time, the possibility of your career being over at just 24 was incredibly overwhelming.

Even now, as you sat awaiting the doctors report on your progress with Alexia's thumb running over the back of your hand, those thoughts don't fail to return.

"So Y/N, I'm pleased of say it looks as though your leg has healed nicely. The fracture was in a tricky place and in all honest, has healed quicker than I thought it would have done. As for your ankle ligaments..." the doctor pulls up something on her computer screen, "it's a little further behind than I would have liked, however I do think it would be ok for you to start some gentle rehabilitation, get things used to the movements".