Chapter Thirty

Rains POV:

Coming out of my dreamless sleep I felt a little uneasy.

Without opening my eyes I knew that I was laying on top of Ellie's warm naked body. My legs were intertwined with hers as my face was tucked into her neck.

Both of my arms were tucked underneath the smaller girl while hers were draped over my shoulders with her hands locked behind my back.

I wanted to never open my eyes and just stay in this warm cocoon with her forever.

Nothing could hurt her here. Nothing could hurt me here.

I sighed into her neck remembering everything I admitted last night.

The sex. The guilt. It all came thundering back to me with a vengeance and I winced slightly at the image of me falling asleep crying in Ellie's arms.

How fucking embarrassing.

Here Ellie is, understanding and caring. Just fucking perfect in general, while I'm a fucking mess.

I wouldn't even hold it against her if she left here after this and decided she didn't want to deal with me and my endless problems anymore.

I inhaled sharply at the thought, her smell invading my nose.

It would hurt like hell if that's what she decided but in the end it's probably what's best. It's going to happen eventually.

Every good thing ends.

And the sex with her is good.

Last night was so much more than I could have hoped it would be with her. The way she didn't so much as flinch when learning about my hidden room. How she had been so open to try something new, trusting me completely. It was beautiful. She is beautiful.

But how long will that last? How long will she want me like that?

I was deciding whether to sneak out of her arms or not when Ellie's toned body shifted under me.

I held my breath hoping I wouldn't wake her but it was too late.

Ellie let out a soft groan but made no move to leave or indicate that she was uncomfortable. Instead she wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her. 

I let out the breath I was holding and kissed her neck a few times making her giggle.

A sense of relief washed over my body knowing I had at least not scared her away enough to run for the hills the moment she woke up.

I moved my face from her neck and my arms from under her body, bracing myself on my elbows above her.

I took in the pretty blonde that still had her eyes closed.

"Morning." She said in a raspy morning voice that would've had me on my knees if I wasn't already on top of her.

I couldn't stop the big smile from taking over my face as I moved my face closer to hers.

"Good morning El." I whispered against her lips before capturing them in between mine for a gentle kiss.

I stayed there on top of her, just breathing her in until I realized morning kisses and cuddles were definitely not part of our deal.

The fucking deal.

Being her friend and having sex would have been a whole lot easier to keep separated if she was anybody else.

But this is Ellie.

She's beautiful and sexy. A fantastic soccer player and her body is to die for.

But my attraction to the woman is so much more than physical these days.