Chapter 24: Charybdis

The calamity level monster, Charybdis, has awakened and is heading straight toward the capital city of Rimuru. Rimuru thinks it's after him. Rimuru has assembled multiple forces to fight Charybdis. They consist of Benimaru's group, the goblin riders, the high orcs led by Geld, Gabiru and his crew, some help from King Gazel, and the heroes and slayers. Once everything was ready for battle, Rimuru, Benimaru, Deku, Tanjiro, Kumoko and Milim were standing at the top of a hill, watching Charybdis flying closer to them.

Benimaru: So, Lord Rimuru, how are you liking our chances here?

Rimuru: I can't afford to think negatively about this, Benimaru. But, I also can't lie to you. This can likely go either way, so we all need to do everything we can.

Benimaru: Understood. Souei and Hakurou are ready with the Orcs and Dragon Newts to bring down the Megladons, and Shion is almost excited to fight.

Rimuru: Perfect. And Deku, Tanjiro, how are Ochako and the others?

Deku: The others are ready for battle.

Tanjiro: And with the help of Shuna and Kanao's healing magic, we are prepared to support and heal any injured parties.

Deku: As for us... *Battle pose with Tanjiro* We won't let this thing attack this city. We'll put this thing back into stasis and keep everything safe.

Kumoko: Then let's take this thing down!

Milim: Yeah!

Rimuru: Not you, Milim. This is a Jura-Tempest matter. We need to be able to solve our own problems. We can't always rely on you.

Milim: *😫* Aw, come on! I wanna fight that thing! It looks like it could be some fun!

Kirishima: *Sighs* Milim, please stop asking about it. This is Rimuru's decision, and he's made his choice. We have to respect it.

Milim: *Pouts* But Kiri, I'm bored! What am I supposed to do if I'm not fighting that thing?

Kirishima: I don't know, but we don't have time to argue. They need to start fighting that thing before it starts attacking.

Rimuru: Kirishima's right. Just sit tight, Milim. If it looks like we're about to die, you can help us. Does that sound good to you?

Milim: *😁* Thanks Bestie! I promise to save your butts when you need me!

Kumoko: *Whisper to Rimuru* Does she expect us to fail or something?

Rimuru: *Whispers back* I don't know. Maybe? It doesn't matter, we need to focus. Think we have a chance?

Kumoko: Maybe. I managed to beat Cynthia in Pokemon Diamond by confusing by stalling her, so maybe we can do that here?

Rimuru: *🤭* Yeah, I don't think that works like that here. However, if we can, then by all means, let's give it our best.

Kumoko: *Nods* Understood.

Rimuru: Alright, let's do this!

Everyone: Right!

Rimuru, Deku, Tanjiro and Kumoko flew up as the others charged the beast, and the magic attacks soon followed, hitting Charybdis, but looking like they weren't doing anything. However, the beast did take notice, and then came the first volley of scales Charybdis launched at everyone.

Rimuru: Devour all: Gluttony!

Rimuru devours most of the scales but sees more flying at him from the side. Deku and Tanjiro fly in front of him.

Deku: Full Cowl-Shoot Style!

Tanjiro: Hinokami Kagura-Clear Blue Sky!

Deku and Tanjiro blow away the attacks well protecting Rimuru.