Chapter Twenty Two

Play the video to the right while your reading! <3

In the morning, it was time to pack everything up. I was sad to have to go. In the bathroom, I rinse my face and brush my teeth to cure my horrid morning breath. “Sweetheart, wanna go for a walk by the ocean?” Jake wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned in to kiss me.

“Ah, you haven’t brushed your teeth!” I accused as Jake leaned into kiss me. Pushing him away playfully, I spit out the mouthwash in my mouth and put the cap back on, throwing it into my overnight bag. “But yes, I would love to go for a walk on the beach.” I close my eyes and lean into my fiancé.

Fiancé

It feels weird to say or even think the word. I was a prostitute and I didn’t belong to have a husband as wonderful as Jake, I deserved some drunken bimbo who did nothing but sat on his ass all day while I cooked or did his laundry. I shudder at the thought. As Jake applies toothpaste to the brush as I lean against the door frame, running a hand through my blonde bangs.

Jake smirked even while he brushed his teeth, seeing my reflection in the mirror. “Having fun watching me brush my teeth?” He observed, spitting into the sink as well.

I scrunch my nose up in disgust. “Ew, come on, we need to get going to the beach for a few hours before we have to go home.” I whine, pulling him along shirtless. A weight stops me. “What?” Jake cocks an eyebrow at me.

“You really want me to leave like this?” I scan his body with my eyes, licking my lips. He was shirtless and in nothing but his boxers.

“Fine with me.” I giggle.

He smirks once more. “Okay, I’ll walk out like this so all of the other hot babes on the sand can watch me strut. Observe.” I laugh so hard that I have to clutch my stomach as Jake runs a cool hand through his bed head hair and pulls up his boxers. My eyes cant help themselves as they linger down towards his perfectly shaped butt.

“Yeah, right. America’s next top model.” I giggle again as we grab our bags, setting off for the beach.

Walking down the ocean’s endless shore feels nice and relaxing with Jake. With our hands intertwined and my feet squishing beneath the sand. We were laughing and dilly dallying in the water as Jake spins me around and throws me into the ocean.

Coming up for air something stops me. It’s a hand, and it most certainly cant be Jake.

“What the hell?” I can hear him as my head bobs in and out of the water’s waves. “Allie, are you okay?” Two minutes later, I was sputtering in the sand, coughing unbelievably hard. Jake scoops me up against his chest and cuddles me.

“Yes, I’m fine. By the way, I just realized we never actually used the heart-shaped Jacuzzi.” I bite my bottom lip while amusement plays in my eyes.

Jake slaps himself on the forehead. “Hell, well that gives us something special to look forward to on our next honeymoon. Oh, and the reason you were trapped under the water was because the seaweed got caught around that ankle bracelet.” Wow.

I eyed the silver charm bracelet with seven lucky charms surrounding it. Tears swelled in my eyes, most of the time I forgot about the important piece of jewelry surrounding my foot. “Oh…” I trail off, shielding my eyes from the sun.

The wind whips Jake’s black hair in the wind, even when it’s spiked. Today though, he’d left it just how he’d woken up, and boy did he look sexy. “What’s wrong, babe?” He squeezes my hand to get my attention. “Okay, spit it out, who gave you that and why does it have those charms on it?” He was tracing circles on my thumb.