Chapter Two

VOTE-COMMENT-FAN.♥

____________________________

Walking into the club after dropping Caleb off, I hurry into my work ‘uniform’ and rush into the joint, knowing that if I was late again the boss would fire me, and that definitely wasn’t what I needed. “Hey, I’m sorry I’m late.” I swear under my breath as I make my way into the bathroom, where another worker, Juju as her street name, is preparing too.

“Late again?” She questions, tightening the strap on her heels and adding some more blue nail polish to her fingernails. “You have really gotta make that kid walk to school.” She shakes her head, and laughs.

I glare at her with daggers. “Look, I’m not gonna let him have a rotten childhood like I did…” I grit my teeth and stomp my foot in determination. He didn’t want to live like me. It made you feel trashy, unwanted, unimportant. “Well, I gotta get to work.” I say, heading in the direction of the exit to the bathroom.

I caught her rolling her eyes. “Later, Alley Cat.” She smirks. That’s been my nickname here for forever, probably because I head to the allies for most of my work, and my name was Allie. So it fit perfectly. Making my way out onto the floor, five or six customers are in line. That’s mine and Juju’s queue to get on out there and show them what we got.

When she enters out of the restroom, I give her the look to let her know we have to get going. Grabbing a random person with his hood up, I snatch him by the collar and lead him to the alley outback. They had even almost installed a pole there for me to dance. “Okay, now why don’t you take your hood off?” I ask, biting my lip afterwards. A part of me hated this, but another part loved it. Sickening, I know.

The boy hesitates and removes his hood, taking off the whole entire hoodie by now; it was completely gray. “I can explain-” I cut him off, applying my finger to his lips to silence him.

It was the same boy that I had actually sort of been interested in. Here, the motto was ‘After the pecks, move on to the next.’ But for some reason or another, I really couldn’t bring myself to stop for this one. The rules here were you couldn’t have the same boy again, that’s why I’d probably had contact with over a million boys in my lifetime, and it was no understatement. “I just wanted to tell you that I think what your doing is really stupid, and it can get you hurt, believe me, this doesn’t happen a lot. Change your ways, stop this…business you have going on.” He used hand gestures a lot. I could tell he was a good boy.

“Why do you care?” I question sarcastically. Like he honestly cared about some alley worker. “Look, I gotta put dinner on the table tonight, so if you don’t mind please help me out.” I explain, crossing my arms, leaning up against the brick wall.

Unzipping his pants, he’s definitely willing, but I can see by his pained expression he doesn’t like doing this. Bending the rules a bit was okay, plus fifty bucks was as much as I had gotten in a long time, if I was lucky, maybe he’d give me more. “Okay, but this is definitely the last time…” He trails off, glancing down the alley for some reason. It was so pitch dark that you couldn’t even see his face. The same motions over and over.

Afterwards, we cuddled up and just lay there in a grassy field for a while, getting some fresh air. I had told him to wait while I finish up with my customers, and he had obediently lay in the field for six hours straight waiting for someone like me. I was a piece of trash, and that much I knew. “Your too gorgeous to be a prostitute.” He cupped my face with his soft moist hands, and kisses my forehead.

“No, I’m not…uh.” I was trying to think of the boy’s name, then realize he’s never told me it and I’ve never exchanged mine either.

“Jake.” Wow, he had a hot name. “I know your name, Allie.” He smirks and then applies his arm around my waist. I couldn’t do this. I had made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t ever get a steady boyfriend, or even get attached to anyone, because then I couldn’t do my job. It’d be breaking the ‘Thou Shall Not Cheat’ commandment times a million.