Chapter Five

Hey everyone. So i hope you all like it. Comment, vote, and fan if your really in the mood. ;D

___________________________________

That night I was on the phone in the kitchen with Caleb in the living room munching on a bowl of fruit loops. He’d been begging for a bowl all evening and finally, I just decided to say yes.

Lately, ever since Maria’s death, I’m scared as hell. Locking all of the doors doesn’t make me feel any safer either. “I have to go, Jake. Talk to you soon?” I question, hopefulness in my voice.

“Yeah, two more days until school. We still have to get you some hair stuff, plus I want to take you out someplace classy and nice and I want you to get your nails manicured.” I could hear the smile in his tone. Aw, classy. That word didn’t even exist in my vocabulary ninety-nine percent of the time. “Love you.” He said.

“Love you.” I said it ridiculously fast and hung up the phone so that Jake wouldn’t take things too seriously. Sighing in relief, I take a seat at the kitchen table Jake had bought for us because he claimed every household should have a table. Counting the cash laying out on the table, my eyes went wide.

There was only twenty dollars left in my fund.

I know what your thinking, why don’t you just mooch off of Jake? Because the only thing I have left is my pride. I was actually really proud of myself. I hadn’t done anything dirty in three days, thanks to Jake’s careful watching over me. Still, I wasn’t going to beg him for money, that wasn’t me. I wanted to make my own money someway, and I would for sure. Prostitution was the only way I could make a fast living.

“Wanna watch Nickelodeon with me?” My little brother questioned, his brown bangs falling into his eyes, he quickly shoves them away with his tiny fingers. I ruffle his hair.

“I actually have to go somewhere really fast. Watch TV and if you get tired go to sleep, okay?” I really felt guilty about leaving Caleb, but I figured he was just content with cartoons for an extra hour or so.

“Okay!”

Walking out of the apartment, the air was chilly and humid all at the same time. The wind was whispering and it blew my blonde hair around my face, my blue eyes must be shining in the moonlight.

Once in the car I had taken a liking to since Maria left it for me, I crawl in the backseat and struggling, I manage to get into my tight see through tube top and my jean mini short, short skirt. Glancing in the rearview mirror, I apply some lipstick and heavy make up. I frown at my reflection; god, Jake would be so disappointed in me. Starting the car, I make my way to the club and go inside, the music pumping since it was a Saturday night, they were usually open until four in the morning on good nights.

“Haven’t seen you in a while.” The bar tender, Charlie, is wiping off the counters, beaming at me.

“Yeah, I missed this place.” I remove my jacket, throwing it carelessly on a nearby bar stool, dancing to the pole, all around. Us pros were very flexible. The crowd wowed my performance with Usher’s music and men were flailing money around, begging for me. Stepping down to a young man about two years older than me, well that’s what it appeared to be, I step down and seductively head to the familiar room, locking the door for emphasis as we were always instructed to do.

Afterwards, I counted the wad. All together, I’d made fifty bucks. That’d be enough to buy Caleb some food in the house. When I get back home, I lock the door behind me, shrugging out of my leather jacket, heading into Caleb’s room.

Stepping closer into the scene, I struggle over all of the junk scattered around his floor. The moon is shining on Caleb’s face. His hair is parted every which way from tossing and turning so much, and his arms stick out of his blankets, his spaceship pajamas glowing in the dark as promised on the tag. Stifling my giggle, I smooth his bangs out of his face a few times and then tuck his arms into his blankets. Not making a sound, my brother turns over, sighing contently with a vulnerable smile. Kissing his forehead, I turn his nightlight on and then shut the door. He always made me do this so that the ‘monsters’ didn’t get him.