Chapter Eight

WARNING: CHAPTER DOES CONTAIN A BIT OF SEXUAL CONTENT. DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN YOU THANKS EVERYONE.

__________________________--

Waking up in the morning, my lower back killed and my arms felt like jelly, my hand asleep. Not a very good way to wake up. I groan and then Jake groans from underneath me. “Babe, what time is it?” He asks, yawning and stretching.

“Nine in the morning.” I say, aroused. Didn’t we have school this morning? “Oh no, don’t we have to get to school?” I question, standing up right away. Jake nods as we run off in the direction of the parking lot. Forgetting why we were even at the hospital, I turn around and push into Caleb’s room. He’s sleeping peacefully. “I’ll be back, sweetheart.” I whisper, ruffling his hair carefully.

“We might have to go like this, I mean we’re already late.” Jake announces, looking in the rearview mirror, combing his hair, his eyes on the road.

“What!” I cry, probably looking like a mess.

“You look fine.” He smirks, and I knew he must be telling the truth. I guess I looked okay as I glanced at myself in the mirror.

Except my face could use a little touching up. I reach around in the backseat and grab my black make-up bag. Touching up my cheeks with foundation and base, I reach for my eyeliner and put it on thickly underneath my eyelid, doing the same with a larger amount of mascara. The radio played, silence the rest of the ride to the high school.

Nervous butterflies fluttered around in my stomach. Even though I had been in worse situations like this one before, being the new girl at a high school who knew everyone and everyone’s parents was a bit nerve wracking. They had all grown up together, I’d be the freak, the outsider. Walking into the school building, I grip Jake’s hand in mine.

Stopping just before the entrance, Jake hugs me. “Jake, you cant tell anyone what you know about me, okay?” I ask, hoping he will promise he never would.

“Uh, okay.” He says, looking back and forth between me and a few jock boys staring at me with big smirks on their faces. I look at him, puzzled.

“You have to promise me.” I say, looking him straight into his eyes. I stomp my foot to get his attention from those drooling boys. They were looking at me like a piece of meat or something.

Jake hesitates and I notice sweat running down his forehead. “I-I promise, okay?” He lifts my chin in his hands and kisses my lips slowly, down to my jaw. I react by kissing him passionately, biting his lip to tease him. He reacts by sticking his tongue in my mouth because he already knows by now I won’t mind.

He leads me to the main office hand in hand and then lets go, reluctantly catching up with his friends who high five him and woof whistle at me. I didn’t understand what the big deal was, I was just like everyone else. Maybe I was a little prettier, but that didn’t matter. Those boys didn’t already have to treat me like I was their property.

The nice office lady we’d talked to when I enrolled here handed me my schedule and a map of the school, boy was it big. Two levels and unfortunate for me, I had to go back and forth for each class.

Wonderful.

Glancing down at my schedule as I walk out of the door, I guess I’m satisfied with my classes. According to the map, my first class, art foundations, was down the hall and then you hung a right after you climbed the stairs. Staring at the map and steering myself without looking up, my face smacks into something hard, knocking me onto my butt.

“Oof!” I exclaim, my schedule and map flying out of my hands. Rubbing my head, I groan. “Watch where your-” As soon as I look up, my words stop because I cant even explain how odd I feel and hope this is all just a dream. It’s my ex boyfriend that I mentioned earlier on, Kyle. He’s staring at me coldly, but yanks my hand up anyway. “Thanks,” I praise, dusting myself off.