Chapter Four

Hey guys. I promise you, eventually, these posts will have longer pages. Right now im kind of at the point in the story where things will get heated up soon. Jake might even show off his true colors within the next couple of chapters. Please vote and comment. I dont mean to beg, but i really want more votes! Thank you thank you thank you for all of the reads. Well, until next time! ♥

________________________________________

When Jake shuts the water off, he grabs me a towel out of the cupboard in the bathroom and gestures for me to undress. Doing so, I didn’t even care if Jake was right in front of me. This wasn’t the first time he’d see me naked, and it probably wasn’t the last. As I step into the tub, bubbles fill it up. “God, you must love bubbles.” I say, referring to the white mysterious shiny things in the water and the bubbly mess that had soothed my cut.

A breathless chuckle escapes Jake’s lips. “Yes, actually, I love bubbles.” A smirk appeared on his face as I lean back into the warming water, it made my insides tingle and Goosebumps rose on my skin; but all together it felt great. “Lean back and get your hair wet.” He orders.

“What?” I must have been looking at him like he just came from Mars.

“Lean your head back into the water, Allie. And get it all completely wet.” I lean back in the water as he suggested, but he meant halfway under, not all the way. Sitting up in surprise, I gasp for air at the burning sensation in my nose. I hadn’t expected to go all the way under.

“Silly.” He smiles, dumping the cup over my head, water spilling from my eyelids. As soon as he grabs the bottle of shampoo, he rubs it in between his fingers and then orders me to face the wall of the tub so he can get access to my skull. The light, gentle, massaging motions Jake’s fingers made on my scalp felt relaxing and wonderful. These bath things weren’t half bad. “Okay, now we’ll use the cup so that you won’t have to lean down.” He smirks and tells me to toss my head back.

After the bath, I dry off my body while Jake dries my hair. Sitting on the couch, we were flipping through some lame television channels. Nothing was on. “I better go to sleep soon, I have school in the morning.” The word ‘school’ shocked me. I mean, I hadn’t been since I dropped out in the fourth grade to take care of Caleb.

I don’t even remember what school is like. At all. “School? I haven’t been there since fourth grade.” I laugh a little, but Jake chokes on the Coke he had once been sipping at absentmindedly.

“Wh-what?” He stuttered. “So can you like read and stuff?” He turned towards me and scooted closer off of his own cushion, partly onto mine.

“Well, I can read ‘The Little Engine That Could’…” I said, smiling sheepishly.

“Okay, that’s it. Tomorrow your going to school and enrolling, and then we’re going to get you some-well decent clothing and something to do your hair with.” You could see it in his expression that he was trying not to hurt my feelings. I’d straightened my hair once before, but otherwise it was very much curly and uncontrollable to tame.

He was right, I had a lot to learn, and that would start with enrolling into school.

Later on the next day, Caleb is going to stay across the street at the neighbor’s for a few hours so that Jake can help me take care of some things. After that I should really probably start hanging out with my brother just a little bit more, I felt bad always leaving him now days. In the car I blared Lady Gaga, bobbing my head back and forth.

“You like this stuff?” Jake pointed to the radio, cocking an eyebrow. I just nod my head and sing along.

Once at the school, my eyes bulge out of my head. A high school was much bigger than an elementary school. Much. “I don’t know if we should-” I am grabbed out of the passenger seat by a smirking Jake. He grabs my hand comfortingly and drags me to doors that read ‘Entrance’, leading me to where the office must be located.

Soon enough, I was enrolled into Meadow Creek High. It was a new school year starting in seven days, so Jake had little time to prepare me, but promised he was going to find a way to help me fit in. After that, we drove to the mall, something I’d only seen in movies, and shopped around for a bit. “Oh my gosh!” I said that only about a thousand times at everything I saw.

Jake dragged me into a store that read something to do with being hot. It had skinny jeans and piercings and loud Screamo music. “Hot Topic would rock on a girl like you!” He shouted over the music. After trying on over a million outfits, I’d picked out a ‘first day of school’ one. A pair of black gray skinny jeans fit me snuggly, and a Hello Kitty t-shirt rests perfect with them. The shoulder slid off one of my arms slightly, giving it that sexy touch.

At check out, dozens of earring type things caught my eye. “What are these?” I press my face to the glass and take a look. A thousand colors caught my eye.

“Those are for people with, um, piercings…if you want we can come back someday and get something pierced?” He laughed, but I smile with excitement. It sounded crazy and fun and daring.

It sounded…halfway normal.

______________________________

Comment vote, become a fan? <3