Chapter Seventeen

“You won, you won!” I cry as Jake picks me up and spins me around, kissing me up and down.

“All thanks to you!” He smiled and continuing hugging me. “Let’s head to the gymnasium shall we?” He took my arm in his and lead me to the gym where the homecoming dance would be held. The cold air whipped at my exposed skin and I was thankful for his varsity jacket surrounding me, keeping me somewhat warm.

Music was already pumping through the gym when we entered. The Club Cant Even Handle Me Right Now burst through my eardrums in a satisfying melody. “You gonna take that jacket off now so I can see what’s underneath? I’m dying to see how gorgeous you’ll look.” He said, as I crutched by him, his hands gently pressed to my hips.

I smiled up at him lovingly. “You really wanna see?” I ask, teasing him slightly in a seductive voice. He squeezed my hips tighter, forgetting that my ribs were broken. His touch was so loving, I felt so needed at that moment, I didn’t care of the pain was unbearable or not. I loved Jake with all my heart. That was never changing.

“I do.” He said, nibbling my ear in the darkened gym. It was like a big auditorium size without the chairs. It was great for dances like this one, even though I’d never been to one before. Unbuttoning his jacket, I bite my lip and drag him out into the hallway.

The music left my ears and now I was removing his jacket which fell to the ground. Next, I struggle to lift his jersey off of my body, so Jake willingly helps me with that. “Y-you look stunning.” He compliments, kissing up and down my neck desperately. I moan on accident, and blush a deep red. I’d never once let a moan escape my lips before.

Making our way back into the gymnasium, everyone’s heads turn my way and gasp. “She’s so pretty.” Envious whispers escaped the room as they turned a slow song.

“Alright, all Homecoming Nominees to the floor.” A hired DJ shouts enthusiastically into a microphone.

“Uh,” I begin as the music starts. “How do you expect me to dance?” I ask, burying my face in Jake’s chest. He lifts me up and suddenly, I’m swaying back and forth, but it’s not me whose swaying us back and forth. I look down at Jake’s feet where mine rest on his shoes. “Aw.” I whisper.

After the song which I didn’t know stopped playing, everyone cheered and clapped. Waving at everybody, I smile brightly. Tonight was going just great. It was the best night of my life. “I love you, baby.” He whispers, tickling the hairs on the back of my neck.

“Not as much as I love-” My words were cut off by the DJ.

“Now announcing, Homecoming King and Queen…” There was an awaiting drum roll moment, “Jake Hammerson and Allie Sampson!” My heart was overwhelmed with joy as we made our way up to the stage. Some of our fellow senior classmates placed crowns on our heads. Applause erupted from they gym. “Now for the official last dance as King and Queen!” He bellowed into the microphone.

As he grabbed my good hand, I half limped to the dance floor. Everyone else cleared the stage and gave us room to dance as we slow danced to the song Amazed by Lonestar. Throughout the whole thing, I just lay my head on Jake’s shoulder as we swayed back and forth. It was really a magical night for me.

After the dance, we walked hand-in-hand to Jake’s car where he was to take us. Now that we’d creamed the Jay Hawks, I’d have to tell Jake about the possible fetus growing in my stomach. We took a walk down the high school’s field. “Allie, I love you much. You and Caleb mean everything to me.” By his expression in the moonlight, you could tell he meant every word, that he was sincere. At first, I couldn’t tell what was happening, but then he got down on one knee…

“Jake, I might be pregnant!” I blurt out before I can even consider stopping myself. Before he did anything major, he had a right to know.

“I don’t care, Allie. Marry me, I want to be your husband.” The ring was shining, even in the moonlight. I put my hand to my heart, what would I do? What if this baby wasn’t his? Tears formed in my eyes. It was such a hard choice.

“What if it’s not yours?” I ask, full on sobbing by now.

“Then I’ll father it. Not like any other bastard that did it is man enough.” He held my good hand in his own. How could he want such a screwed up girl such as myself? I couldn’t see it happening, but I push my fears aside for a few minutes. “Marry me.” He begged, kissing my cheek.

“Only if you’ll be the groom.” I joked, smiling widely as he picked me up for the second time that night and spun me around in hurried circles. He was shouting victory shouts as he screamed ‘yes’ at the sky. I could tell he genuinely cared for me, and he wanted to be with me. Why? I couldn’t understand. Naomi hugged me with a big excited grin on he face and his friends high fived him and slapped him a congratulations on the back.

I was engaged.

___________________________

In the morning, I awoke with a start, confused as to where I was. Rubbing my head, I try to wash away the pounding headache. “Hey, soon to be wife.” Jake smirked from beside me. God, he had really hot bed head hair.

“Hey, soon to be husband.” I joked back, kissing him sweetly on the lips, touching our foreheads together lovingly. I was engaged, and I was marrying the boy of my dreams. It just didn’t seem possible. I kiss him some more, ending up on top of him somehow.

Then I frowned, tomorrow I had a doctor’s appointment and school. Damn. I flop down on the bed, engulfing myself in the blankets and sheets, grumbling to myself as I crawl back into bed.

ILL MAKE EVERYONE A DEAL. IF YOU ALL COMMENT AND VOTE, ILL ADD THE NUMBERS TOGETHER AND THAT'S HOW MANY PAGES THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE. :D

<3

ONE COMMENT PER PERSON. (;

EVERYTIME I DO THIS, ILL GIVE YOU THE NEXT DAY UNTIL NOON FOR ME TO TOTAL EVERYTHING. NOW LOOKS LIKE ILL BE WRITING HOWEVER MANY PAGES I HAVE CURRENTLY. THANKS AND YOUR STILL FREE TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND HELP ME OUT. :D