Chapter Thirteen

Hey everyone, comment and vote. And id like to dedicate this chapter to a very good Wattpad friend of mine, KassieAnn. Check out her story Surviving My Own Little Hell! It's a pretty beast story so yeah, check it out for me? More votes equals faster uploads!

_________________________________

Just to give him a try, I drive Kyle back to my apartment while Jake’s at football practice. He was supposed to be teaching me how to read. I knew how at one time, but who had time when you were always chasing a two year old around when she have been getting a decent education? We pull into the parking lot of the apartments, and head in out of the rain, holding our jackets above our heads as shield.

Once we were finally inside, Kyle goes to set his belongings on my kitchen table so that he can get settled. First off, he is definitely not walking through my house with those shoes on. “Hey!” He freezes in his place. “Before you go doing anything, take those shoes off. I cant have you walking on my hardwood floors with mud all over the bottom of the soles of your shoes!” I was even pointing my finger, resembling my mother when she used to scold Caleb and I when we did something wrong.

“Sorry, mother hen.” Kyle smirks and kicks off his shoes, leaving them by the door.

“Caleb, crap! Be right back, I have to go pick up my brother!” Grabbing a quick jacket and an umbrella, I open the door and go rushing out, knocking into someone who grabs my arm before I can topple over to the floor. “Jake?” I ask.

“Yes,” He looked furious. “Caleb, why don’t you go play the Wii while I talk to your sister?” He shoves Caleb gently in the direction of his room and pulls me out into the hallway. “What is your problem? Don’t you know when to pick up your brother?” He was really angry, I’d never seen him so mad at me before.

“Look, I forgot okay? He hasn’t been going to school lately!” I say, using my hands as gestures instead of swearing. Now it was my turn to get riled up. “And it’s not like your any better. According to your little “friends” I was only part of a bet.” Oh no, me and my big mouth. How could I do that to Kyle and Jack? Even if they did hate me it wasn’t my place and it wasn’t the right thing to do.

Jake smashed his hand against the wall. “Look, Allie.” He grabs my hands, tilts my chin up to look at him, and kisses my forehead. “The day of the bet, I walked into that club not knowing what to think or anything, and I was terrified. They dared me to get my virginity to get taken away by someone in your joint, so I did. And I wouldn’t change anything in my life for the world, especially you and Caleb. You guys are my life and it’s never going to be any other way again.” Wow.

“Nice try, but you are so not getting make-up sex.” I joke.

“Now come on, let’s go inside. I want to help Caleb with math and stuff.” He puts his arm around my waist.

Oh crap, Kyle’s in there. “No way your going in there mister.” I put myself in front of the door, blocking him from entering. “Kyle’s in there and I know you wanna kill him, but there’s reason behind it-” Before I could finish my explanation as to why Kyle was here, Jake moved me out of the way, opened the door, threw me on the couch, and was glaring at Kyle.

“You promised to lay off of her!” Jake shoved Kyle out of his chair. It fell over with him, and the chair completely busted. Uh oh. “I told you before, she’s mine, man!” Now Jake was throwing punches his way. I get up off of the couch and it’s hard to manage with my still broken arm from when my dad threw me down in the parking lot. I was able to remove it on Sunday with the doctor’s help.

“Stop it, you idiot!” Jake stopped immediately, knowing that I wouldn’t call him an idiot over no reason. “Don’t you see? Kyle’s here to help me study for school and teach me how to read!” I explain hurriedly, worried that Jake would go after Kyle again.