Training Week (Pt.1)

As bright as the gates of Hell, the sun shines through my curtains waking me up bright and early. Throwing on some eye makeup and some fresh new black robes, I make my way down to the Great Hall.

Sitting down for breakfast, I strike up a lovely conversation with Professor Flitwick. A little ways into the conversation, a familiar pair of blue eyes catch mine from down the table.

Meeting his gaze he gives me a knowing look and his eyes flicked up to the clock. I give a knowing nod in response; my training will be starting soon.

After everyone finishes eating I head to the bathroom to freshen up. Looking in the mirror I heard a familiar giggle. "Hello Jaqueline. My you look pretty. Hehe. What's the occasion?" Myrtle teases, floating her way over to me. "Hey Myrtle!" I smile. Her questioning has brought a small heat to my cheeks. "I— um, no occasion. Just thought I'd look nice for my first day of training is all" I stutter out, cringing at myself. Myrtle smirks behind me and giggles. "Is it a boy?" She chortles. "Judging by your reaction, I'd say it is." My eyes widen and I bite my lip to hide my nervous excitement. "Okay maybe, but I have to go before I'm late" I say turning to leave. "Jaqueline!" She yells, stopping me in my tracks. "Don't forget to tell me all of the... juicy details hehe." With that she floats away into the ceiling wailing.

After freshening up I head straight to the dungeons. Racing passed corridor after corridor, I finally reach the doors. Looking at the time I smile. '7:52am. Early as planned' I smirk to myself.

Smoothing out my robes I walk in to see Daniel organizing bottles and cauldrons on a high shelf. 'Man his arms look so good when he does that.' Hearing my thoughts he chuckles and turns to me, gesturing to a chair behind his desk.

     "Wow! I get to feel like a real professor today!" I say giddily. His face flashes a look of confusion before softening. "Jaqueline, what makes you think you aren't a 'real' professor?" I sink into myself meekly, my confidence draining fast. "I-I don't know. I just feel unprepared and nervous..." I sigh. Turning me to look at him, he puts a gentle and supportive hand on my upper back.

     "Who wouldn't feel that way? Severus was nervous everyday for about four years. Hell, I still get nervous. I'm a new Professor too remember." I melt into his touch, smiling softly. "Really?" I ask, gaining a little confidence back. He smiles and rubs my back caringly. "Yes. Even strong cranky ol' Severus, the bravest man I've known, was nervous." He sits down next to me, tucking a stray hair behind my ear. "And you know you were a part of my first year here. I was so nervous I had to ask you for help." The sincerity in his voice makes my heart flutter. But his next words make my heart explode. "I believe in you" he says looking deep into my eyes. I hug him suddenly, taking him by surprise. "Thank you Daniel" I say as tears prick my eyes. Snaking his arms around me with slight hesitation, he gives me a squeeze. "Of Course Jaqueline" he smiles. "Now, let's get you started shall we?"

     Pulling out a giant binder, he sets it on the desk in front of me. "This here is a copy of each curriculum. For today I suggest we start by giving it a read through." He sets down a piece of parchment, ink, and quill for me as he knows I'm a big note taker. I beam up at him eagerly and thank him for the materials.

     After hours of tediously going through each chapter and requirement needed for each class, Daniel begins to doze off. Allowing him to rest I decide to continue with the reading. That was until I heard him stir a mumble inaudible under his breath. 'Merlin, I wonder what he dreams about.' A sudden smirk creeps onto my lips as a curious idea makes its way into my head.

     I start looking around the room for Severus' old Legilimency book. Everyone knows Severus Snape was a master of Legilimency. Though his power could help him with his teaching, he never actually used Legilimency on anyone other than me and Harry. He honestly just kept the book around as a scare tactic for troublemaking students