Suspicious Behavior

"No way Mione, teachers aren't allowed to use Veritaserum on students. Snape used to go on about how annoying of a rule it was." Hermione gave me a somber look and closed her textbook. "Just... think about it, okay? Please don't write it off as nothing. And be careful around him tomorrow after classes." She lowers her voice seriously. "Keep an eye on him." Chuckling I reassure her, "Relax Hermione I'm sure it's fine."

~

I wake up feeling groggy, recalling my dreams in my journal. The last few nights I've had dreams where Professor Reid would suddenly come up. It was getting weird so I started jotting them down.

As I roll out of bed I see Hermione and Ginny's shocked faces. They seem to point over to Patricia's sleeping figure. I join in the shocked expressions as I understand. 'Holy shit she's here for once!' Ginny smiles and gently wakes the smaller girl. "Goodmorning Patricia. Would you like to come down to breakfast with us?" The small girl, in her tired state tries to understand. Ginny shoots me a look, the fire behind her eyes screaming "be nice". Taking a deep breath I plaster on a smile. "Yeah Patricia, join us for breakfast" I add through slightly gritted teeth.

The four of us head down to the Great Hall and sit in our usual spots at the end of a table in front of the Professor's. After what feels like an eternity, the boys show up. I smile, feeling like I haven't seen them in awhile. Ron clumsily pushes his way in between Hermione and I. "Hello ladies." Ron looks up in shock, "Oh, Patricia's joined us. Speaking of, where you been mate? Sis says your never in bed at night." Ginny kicks his shin from under the table, a smile still plastered on her face. "Ow! Why am I always the bad guy?" Hermione, Ginny and I all start to mumble out reasons at once when suddenly Patricia's words silence everyone at the table. "Sleepwalk." All of our heads turn in the direction of the speaker. "I sleepwalk at night." Patricia continues. Everyone else at the table exchange understanding coo's. I however, know the real reason she hasn't been in bed at night. If I could only know why? "That makes a lot of sense" Hermione sighs relieved.

The entirety of breakfast I could feel eyes on me. I look over to the Professors table, but Professor Reid is happily talking to the other staff members. Soon my eyes land on Patricia who, I could've sworn, was glaring at me. Unnerved I shift awkwardly in my seat and turn my attention back to the Professors table. Anything to get away from her disturbing stare.

It seems as though Professor Reid is avoiding my eye. Hermione quickly snaps me out of my thoughts. "Jaqueline hello? Are you coming?" I glance at the time. 'Holy crap! I stared at him for the rest of breakfast?' Getting my thoughts together I answer her. "Um no I, I'm okay." With a shrug she walks away with the group, heading who's knows where.

I stay seated staring. I know I should leave but my body feels like cement. 'Why is he acting so weird?' He's been avoiding me now. I decided to put off questioning him until after Divination, though a small question still nags at my mind. 'Could he really have put Veritaserum in my tea last night?'

His head suddenly snaps towards me. Standing abruptly he rushes out of the Great Hall. I go to follow him but he's disappeared into the crowded corridor.

~

I couldn't focus in Divination as all I could think about was Hermione's words, "Don't write it off as nothing" as well as Professor Reid's weird behavior. As Professor Trelawney drones on, a small owl coo's at the open window; a little letter in her beak. "Ah Ms. Banks, it appears this is for you my dear." She hands the letter to me and whispers softly. "I sensed a serious message coming your way today." She trembles anxiously. Nervous myself, I open the letter.

Ms. Banks,
Our lessons for today have
been cancelled. After Divination
you are to report to the Great
Hall for supper and after, to your
dormitory. It is to my
understanding that you are an
advent rule follower. You respect    
     rules and order, so I expect you
to follow this one.

~ Professor Reid

I roll my eyes in annoyance. 'Like I didn't sense that one coming.' I try to finish up Divination on a good note. After we're released I head to the library for a quick mental break. 'It'll only be for a minute, he won't even notice' I try to assure myself. The library is so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I walk to my favorite section and pick up a potions book.

Scanning the same page for the 100th time I shut my book in frustration. A voice shoots out from the void around me, piercing the silence. "Veritaserum? We're not on truth potions right now Jaqueline. Not up to anything are we?" I turn to see Draco behind me, green apple in hand, leaning against a bookcase. I raise an eyebrow at him. "What? Old habits die hard" he says as he takes a big bite out of the lush looking fruit.

"So," He says between chews. "Have you noticed how eerily similar the new Potions Professor is to Professor Snape? He's like a weird carbon copy." Another bite. "If you ask me," chomp. "I think it's the position." Swallow. "The Potions position must make you hate kids and lose all happiness in life." I giggle slightly, feeling my mood lift. "Come on Draco that's rediculous." I smirk as he looks at me confused. "It's probably all of the fumes from all the potions that seep into their brain." We both share a laugh as a solemn hush hisses from the dimly lit rows of books.

"Ms. Banks." I freeze, the laugh I once had catching in my throat. "Can't follow a simple command." I stutter anxiously. "B-but sir, it was only going to be for a minute. I lost track of time and—" "I believe," he interrupts, "I told you to go to the Great Hall then straight to your dormitory. Why is it you cannot follow simple instructions?" He raised an eyebrow at me. "I was just... studying for, Potions." I mentally facepalm. 'Idiot he can tell when you're lying.' He smirks giving me a small nod to confirm he can, in fact, tell when I'm lying. "Yeah Professor, she was just studying Veritaserum, I saw it!" 'Draco you IDIOT!' Professor Reid's face fell. "Great Hall. Now." He turns to Draco, "As for you Mr. Malfoy, you and I will have a little chat later in my office."

I race to the Great Hall with Draco in tow. We quickly spot Bri who's sitting next to a very nervous looking Neville. "Gillyweed I know, you wouldn't believe it. I thought I'd killed him." Bri laughs and playfully touches Neville's arm causing him to turn fifty shades of red. "Hope we're not interrupting" Draco teases as we take our seats.

I look around to see the usual gang at the front table with Patricia. She's no longer glaring at me, no now there's a small smirk on her lips. I shiver, finding myself gazing back over to the Professors table. Strangely Professor Reid's usual seat was unoccupied. I roll my eyes trying not to give it any thought as I finish my plate full of food. For the remainder of dinner I just there, quietly listening to Neville entertain Bri in his own adorable, anxious way.

~

When I get back to my room, I begin to write out a letter on some spare parchment I had lying around.

Professor Reid,
Is everything all right Professor?
You weren't at dinner. Are we
going to continue lessons in the
future?

~ Jaqueline

I place the letter into my anxiety ridden owl's beak. Giving him a kiss I send him on his way with a treat. I yawn and decide to head to bed a little early.

~Dream~

"Disobey me again and you will... regret it. Prepare Liquid Luck" I think for a second before cheekily replying, "No." CRASH! With one swipe his desk is cleared. He races over to me and pushes me back down onto the desk. He leans over me, pressing up against me as he stands between my thighs. His hand slowly goes up to my throat as he turns my head to look to the right. His warm breath brushing my neck as he whispers. "I'm going to make you regret that darling." In a second he's fully on top of me, his teeth nipping and his lips sucking at my neck hungrily. I instinctively wring my hands through his hair. I moan loudly desperately wanting more. "Professor" I whimper, wriggling under him. "D-Don't stop!"

~End of Dream~

I wake up panting, dripping in sweat. 'What was that?'