First Week of Classes

I groan as I remember how early we wake up here. Hermione is already dressed and ready to go, whereas Ginny isn't even awake yet. The other girl, Patricia I think it was, wasn't in her bed. She must've already gone down to breakfast. I throw a pillow at Ginny to wake her and proceed to get ready for the day.

As we walk into the Great Hall, only about seven students and one professor reside inside. "Ugh Jaqueline, Mione why did we have to wake up so early" Ginny yawns, annoyed. "We're the first ones here!" She huffs. I laugh at her as I scan the room. The only professor in the room was Professor Reid.

He was wearing all black, just like Severus used to. In a sudden burst of anger I slam my fist down onto our table. "He even dresses like him?! He dares make a mockery of Severus' name?" The sudden noise of my fist hitting the table caught the attentive of the entire room. Looking over I make immediate eye contact with these bright blue eyes where dark onyx ones used to reside. Be as it may, they bore into my soul as Severus' used to. I quickly look away, left wondering if he too could see into my mind as Severus once could.

After the incident at breakfast I am more than happy to run off to my first period Herbology class with Professor Sprout.

I walk in looking for an empty seat next to anyone familiar. Quickly, I'm flagged down by Neville, early as always to his favorite class. I rush over to him with a big smile on my face as we await the start of class. As the students continue to trickle in, I lean over towards Neville. "Hey Neville, aren't you glad to be back to your... roots?" He chuckles at my low level pun and answers seriously. "I'm very glad to be back here with the plants but," he drops his voice to just above a whisper, "I'm quite nervous..." I crinkle my brow at him. "Why Neville? The Death Eaters are gone. Hogwarts is safe again." He leans back in his chair a little more relaxed now. "Honestly Jaqueline, Death Eaters don't scare me half as much as the N.E.W.Ts do." Sharing a laugh we both turn our attention back to the front of the classroom, just in time to see Professor Sprout bustle in.

"Alright 7th years. As you know, this week we will be revisiting 1st year's learning curriculum to get you better prepared for your N.E.W.Ts. So, we will start with a non-graded placement quiz to see where your memory stands with 1st year's lectures on dangerous plants." She begins walking around passing out parchment and having students pass them back. I look down at the parchment in front of me.

1.) If you happen to stumble across Devil's Snare, what precautionary measures should you take if you were to find yourself ensnared?

This is easy. 'Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare, it's deadly fun but will sulk in the sun.'

~

I quickly finish up the quiz with some time to spare, quietly taking out my charms book to prepare for next class.

All lessons 7th year start the same; refresher weeks of years 1-6 and then so dependent studies with practice tests and such.

I walk in early to charms class as I don't like being stuck in the traffic of rushing students. Professor Flitwick is sitting at his desk, flipping through 1st year lesson plans. He looks up from his work when he hears me enter.

"Ah Ms. Banks. How are you this fine first day?" Smiling sweetly I answer warmly, "I am doing fairly well this morning. And yourself Professor?"
"I'm doing quite well. Quite well indeed" he chortled. "I heard you passed your O.W.Ls early. Congratulations Ms. Banks that is quite the accomplishment." He beamed down at me from his podium. He has always loved watching his students succeed. "Thank you Professor. That is quite the compliment coming from you." I return the smile back up at him as he goes back to flipping through his lesson plans. I notice the feathers on the desks and shoot Professor Flitwick a look. He rolls his eyes and chuckles, "Gotta start somewhere Ms. Banks." More students start trickling in as he too begins his first day spiel.