Potions Class

Back in the potions classroom I sit up front with Patricia again. I think to myself 'Now's my chance' before leaning over to her. "Psst. Where were you last night?" Patricia turns to me, the faintest smirk playing at her lips. "Oh you know... just, studying." I eye her suspiciously but brush it off for now just as Bri and Draco sit down behind us.

Before I could even greet them the door flung open with great force and slamming closed. The loud bang caused everyone in the room to jump, including me. I smiled to myself slightly, seeing as he took my advice. Professor Reid stops dead in his tracks at the front of the class. "Open your books to Chapters ten and eleven and begin brewing a Swelling Solution. I want complete silence" he hisses. "If I hear a word, it is automatic detention. Am I understood?" The class nods vigorously as to not make a sound. I however wink at him reassuringly. I swear I could see that light pink dust creep onto his cheeks for a second before, again, it quickly vanishes.

     Patricia and I start on our potion. I try to focus but my mind kept wandering off to how much Professor Reid reminds me of Snape right now. Suddenly it's my turn to blush. My cheeks heat up slowly, then gradually start burning. 'Somethings wrong.' I look down to our potion to see it bubbling over and spilling onto my hand. Soon my entire body starts sweating as I frantically try to clean my hand off. Professor Reid runs over to me. Taking his fingers he gently lifts my chin up to examine me. This time it really is blush that burns my cheeks. "Class dismissed!" He growls at the class. With that, everyone scurries away quietly.

     Professor Reid tilts my chin to look directly up at him once again. "Someone must've slipped something into your cauldron. This isn't a normal reaction." His words swirl in my head as I start to get dizzy. Professor Reid, seeing my reaction, races to his ingredients closet and begins to brew an antidote. After finishing he walks swiftly back to me, towering over me. The anxiety making me slightly aroused. "Come" he says with such authority it makes me weak. I shakily stand up and walk over in front of my table. He goes to grab my chin again but accidentally brushes my neck, dragging his fingers up slowly to my chin. Butterflies erupt in my stomach as he does. Slowly he brings the vial to my lips. "Drink" he commands. Doing as he says, the heat instantly starts to melt away from my body, leaving only a faint blush on my cheeks.

     "Hmm." He looks me over once more. I look up at the taller man innocently. "It seems like the antidote didn't take full effect. You cheeks are still very warm." My eyes widen at his words. 'That's not why my cheeks are warm...' We stay in that position for a moment before he clears his throat again. "I would like you to refrain from further classes for the day. You need to stay here where I can keep and eye on you and monitor your recovery." I nod slightly, still trying to contain my blush. "Would you like to begin lessons Ms. Banks?" I smile up at him, "That sounds like a productive way to spend this time, sure!"

                                  ~

     After many hours of lessons and lesson planning, our time has reached its end. I bend over and begin cleaning up my work station. When I come back up, Professor Reid is staring at me, intently in thought. My heart begins to race as I catch his eye. "Are you sure you're okay to go? You still look a little... flushed." Shivers shoot down my spine at his words. 'Fuck he's so close to me. He smells... just amazing.' A small smirk plays at his lips for a second. I nervously squeak out a response. "Y-yeah I'm okay sir." I mentally facepalm at my nervous stutter. "Alright. Get some well deserved rest, have a goodnight Jaqueline." I jump slightly. The way his deep, sultry voice spoke my name. The only other professor to call me by my first name was Severus. My cheeks change from a light pink to a deep red. "Goodnight... Mr. Daniel" I beamed. As I turned to leave, I couldn't help but notice his face, slightly flustered. 'Could I really fall for him? Would I be betraying Severus?'

     I start heading to bed when I come across Ron and Hermione stomping towards me. 'Oh shit.' Hermione slapped my arm as she yelled, "Are you going to make this a habit hmm? Leaving and not letting anyone know where you've gone off to?!" Sheepishly, I rub the back of my neck. "Sorry Mione, there was an incident with my potion and—" she cuts me off. "What?!" She looks me over like a worried mother. "Are you hurt?" I chuckle slightly. 'And I thought Ginny was the dramatic one.' Smiling softly, I reassured her. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Professor Reid actually took care of me." I force away the small smile threatening to creep its way onto my lips. Hermione narrows her eyes at me very accusatory. "Oh. My. God Ginny was right! You are falling for him!" I sink back into myself sheepishly. "Maybe?"