Monday Morning

I find myself back in Herbology with Neville on monday morning. He sits there giddy, almost like someone's slipped some Amortentia into his tea this morning.

"Hey Neville, you're all smiles today, what's up?" I wiggle my eyebrows at him. Tightly he grabs hold of my arm. "It's the new girl Bri. I'm bloody smitten Jaqueline. She's just so adorable and cool." His tone shifts, "I just wish she would notice me." I laugh gently, recieving a hurt and worried look from him. "Oh Neville, Bri is a good friend of mine and I can assure you, you have her attention." Neville's smile widens to that of a Cheshire Cat. "Y-You really think so?" I nod reassuringly in response just as class begins to start.

Not getting into to much detail, Herbology droned on today. By the end off class my ears were bleeding with the sound of Mandrake cries. I can't wait to go to charms if it means never having to endure that aural torture again. I walk in to see my usual desk of 9 years has now been occupied by Patricia. 'Weird. I didn't know she was in this period.' I'm not a person accustomed to change so it did bother me slightly. 'Out of every seat she could've taken, she took mine.' I look at her feeling like I must be going crazy. I swear I can almost see her practically smirking at me from afar. 'It's not like she meant to sit in my usual seat... Right? It's not big deal I'll just get here early next week.' With that, class starts as my mind quickly wanders back to Patricia.

I didn't get anything out of todays Charms class because I couldn't focus; I wasn't in the right desk. As childish as it may be, I have ADHD and little changes like that throw off my entire routine.

I ended up skipping dinner and heading straight to the library, passing Nearly Headless Nick on my way in. "Afternoon Sir Nicholas." The phantom in front of me bows slightly. "And a good afternoon to you as well Ms. Banks. Enjoy the library." I find a quiet table in the back corner and set my stuff down, hoping to get some studying in before I have to head to Professor Reid's classroom for lessons. I don't quite know how to teach a man how to be like Snape, but I can sure as hell try.

I pop open my charms book to look over the material I missed whilst daydreaming in class. Just as I was getting to the 3rd page of the chapter, two familiar faces plop down next to me. "Jaqueline I swear you study too much" Bri said snatching my book from me. "Hey! I need that, I couldn't pay attention in class today." A small chuckle comes from my other side. "You? Jaqueline couldn't pay attention?" Draco feins bewilderment. "I'm shocked." Mhm. He seems to have gotten some of his "Malfoy charm" back. I sigh. "Yeah it's just Patricia. I know it stupid but she sat in my usual desk today and I totally couldn't focus." Bri narrowed her eyes. "She probably did it on purpose" she said being the instigator she is. "I never liked her. She's gives off bad vibes." I think back to how she looked at me all smug in my desk. I hesistate before speaking, "Yeah... Maybe."

~

After catching up with Bri, Draco, and my charms work, I start making my descent to the dungeons. Upon arriving I see Professor Reid pacing. "Jaqueline! You're here! I really need your help with this class tomorrow... I want to make Severus proud." I smile fondly at his eagerness to learn and his respect for Sev. He's almost the polar opposite of Snape, and yet he reminds me of him so much. I have no idea how they were friends let alone trying to turn Professor Reid into Snape.

"First things first. Severus loved order. He was a strict rule enforcer." My cheeks flush slightly as I choose my next words carefully. "He was a very looming and... dominant presence." My mind wanders off slightly. 'My God how I wish he would've used that dominance on me.' I see look up to see Professor Reid's cheeks were now dusted with a soft light pink. 'Did he hear that?' His words break me from my thoughts. "When you say dominance, what do you mean?" I think for a second, trying to find the right words. "Well, he oozed Authority. Nobody dared question him." I mumble under my next words slightly under my breath. "He intimidated everyone into submission." Biting my lip I think about Severus towering over everyone; especially me. I'm quite tall, (5'10) so having someone tower over me really turns me on.

In a flash, Professor Reid gets up and quickly walks over to me, slamming his hands on either side of the desk. "Ms. Banks! If you will not respect me in my class you can leave my class." He hisses out. "Two weeks detention and twenty points from Gryffindor for being absolutely insufferable." He leans in closer. I've never gotten to see him up this close. He smells... intoxicating, and his blue eyes as calm and ridged as the sea. He moved his face ever so slightly closer to mine. "Like that? He hums softly. My face blushes madly as I get all flustered, unable to form words. 'I could seriously fall for him too.' An emotion flashes over Professor Reid's eyes before he swiftly walks back to his desk, a serious expression plastered on his face.

"You really loved him... Didn't you?" Taken aback I start sweating nervously and stumbling over my words. "I uh, I—" was all I could manage to say before the tears started to well up in my eyes. "H-How did you know?" I say trying to contain my tears. He hesitates before answering. "I've seen people go through something similar." He avoids my gaze as he speaks. Clearing his throat he stands. "Thank you for your generous help Ms. Banks. You should get some sleep. I don't want to see you late for my class tomorrow" he smirked. I beam up at him. "Of course. I wouldn't miss it!" He returned the smile and we said our goodbyes as I head back to my room for the night.

When I walk in, again Patricia's bed was empty. 'This girls up to something. I'm going to find out what.' I silently creep over to her bed, looking for anything suspicious. Underneath, in the darkest corner under her bed I spot a big stack of books on The Dark Arts. 'That's strange. Why would she need all of these?' Yawning I decide it's an issue for the morning. Giving it no further thought I get into my pajamas and straight into bed, drifting peacefully off until the morning.