Arrival

(TW: NSFW)

I arrive in front of the big metal entrance gate, bags in arms and smiling from ear to ear. I take a deep breath in before a grouchy old voice takes me from my thoughts. "Bags here! Hurry up! Go on now!" Filch yells, obviously annoyed at my early arrival. "Thank you Mr. Filch. Welcome back, I hope you have a wonderful year" I smile. He shifts awkwardly and nods, not used to common human decency. I've always thought if everyone was a little nicer to people like Filch and Severus, maybe they wouldn't be so cold and strict.

I hop into my single carriage and give the thestral pulling me a gentle pat. 'Man,' I think to myself, 'Sure have seen a lot of loss on these grounds. I bet the entire school can see these now; except for maybe the 1st years.'

As I begin to approach the beautiful castle, I start to get anxious. Hopping out, I look the beautiful being in the face. "I bet you get a lot more pets now" I say somberly. After giving the Thestral a small grateful nuzzle, I walk up the Great Staircase to the large front doors. Timidly I crack open the door. Immediately I am greeted with a warm welcome from Minerva, Harry, and Hagrid.

"Welcome home Ms. Payne" Minerva says warmly. Tearing up I run over to her and give her a big hug. She laughs and returns the gesture. Hagrid turns to me with a big smile. "Good ol' Banks! Good tuh 'av ya back kid" he pauses clearing his throat. "Erm, excuse me, Professor." I smile, a small embarrassed blush trickling up my face. "Hagrid I'm not a professor yet." Laughing he nudges me. "Yet is the key word." With a wink the three of them start walking me down to my new quarters, explaining things to expect along the way. "...Oh and these kids can be quite nasty" she says side eyeing me and Harry. "After all, we saw Malfoy." Everyone joins in for a laugh.

     "Well, this is my stop" Minerva exclaims as we pass the Head Master's office. After saying our goodbyes to Minnie, Harry begins to pipe up. "Hey Jaqueline, how was your holiday?" I smile softly. "Quite busy preparing to teach and all, but lovely nonetheless." He laughs nodding in agreement.

     Soon Harry breaks off towards the quidditch pitch, leaving Hagrid to drop me off at our final destination; the potions classroom? Hagrid reads the confusion on my face and begins to answer everything I was silently wondering. "There's a door al' the way in the back that'll lead ya ter the quarters. One room is yers, the other Professor Reid's. Yers'll be on the left." I give the half giant a big hug and mutter a thank you into his jolly stomach.

                                  ~

     I walk in quietly and head toward the back of the Potions classroom. Opening the door I enter a small, square room with a door on either side. As I go to walk in to my room I hear strange soft noises that catch me in my tracks. Being the curious person I am I stay silent and listen closely, trying to figure out the source of the noise.

     Following the sound, it brings me straight in front of Daniel's door. I bite my lip nervously and silently press my ear up against his door. What I heard on the other side of that door, made every hair on my body stand on edge.

     I could hear soft panting and low moaning sounds coming from his side of the room. Through jagged breath I could just make out his words. "Fuck, I want her... so bad" he groans. Immediately my eyes widen and I fall backwards in shock, causing a bit of a commotion. Quickly I race into my room and slam the door, losing my cross necklace in all of the fuss.

     After I catch my breath, I take a second to look around. My eyes fixate on the beautiful black and green room before me. Foliage fills the common area of the room. The smell of candles and a fire emanating together, filling the room with delicious aromatic scents. The bed itself had a black and green iridescent bedspread and a beautiful green princess curtain that flowed down behind it. A small twin bed lay across from the master bed, covered by silky black sheets.