sweet break

word count: 420

-

"goh! look, look, i brought some doughnuts!" ash cheerfully exclaimed as he rushed towards goh, who was currently waiting for ash on a bench. goh was too engrossed with the rotom phone in his hand, checking the map of the kalos region. "sure, thank you, ash-! lumiose is such a huge city, huh.. so, all the way from here.."

ash chuckled and sat down beside goh, taking the box of doughnuts from the paper bag, while pikachu and grookey excitedly waited for ash to open it.

"easy, easy. both of you will be able to get a piece. here!" ash gave one doughnut to each of the pokémon. pikachu and grookey happily ate the sweet pastry, as if they hadn't eaten for such a long time, causing ash to let out a hearty laugh.

the trainer then looked at goh, who was still focused on his phone. "come on, goh, have a break for a moment. here," ash took a caramel-glazed doughnut and pointed it to goh. goh eventually opened his mouth and took a bite of the caramel-glazed doughnut while his gaze was still on the gadget, his eyes lighting up at the delicious taste.

"tastes great! it's surprisingly not too sweet," goh said as his eyes tore away from his phone, placing the gadget down towards his lap while getting the pastry from ash and took another bite. ash chuckled while he went to get a doughnut for himself, which was a chocolate-flavored one.

ash took a bite of the doughnut, humming greatly at the balanced taste of sweetness and bitterness of the chocolate in the doughnut. "glad you like it! how about you try this one?"

the jet-haired boy asked as he brought the doughnut to goh. his fellow research partner's eyebrows then furrowed. "but you already took a bite!" goh pouted.

ash burst out laughing and slightly turned the doughnut around, towards the side which he hadn't eaten yet. "here, how about this?"

goh's cheeks slowly heated up by the gesture, and he leaned down to take a bite. he munched the pastry, and let out a dreamy hum. "arceus, these are very delicious!"

both boys enjoyed eating the doughnuts together, feeding each other at the same time. meanwhile, chloe, on the side, was munching on doughnuts as well with an annoyed expression on her face. "i can't believe how dense they both are," chloe muttered underneath her breath, caressing the fur of her pokémon, eevee, who was laying in her lap.

++

based again from that one satogou fanart i saw on pinterest! (and THAK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR 400+ READS!!)